Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
folder view and track order
24-02-2015, 18:30
RE: folder view and track order
(24-02-2015 00:06)Nothung Wrote:  Simon

Thank you for your detailed reply.
Yes it does seem to be down to the control point but I can't identify any differences in my tagging for those that work and those that don't. I will explore it a bit deeper and contact the control point developers about this issue.
Regarding the point about log errors, I googled the albums concerned and found that the release dates for the albums were different to the ones I had tagged. In a couple of cases I had put in the original LP recording date rather than the CD release. When I changed the dates the log showed no errors, so is it the case that MinimServer is querying a database like Musicbrainz and reporting an error if there is a mismatch? It seems to ignore other situations where no database is available to query like an audiobook, but it did report an error for one audiobook I compiled from R4x where I had failed to put anything in the year tag, when I put 2014 in it didn't report an error so it looks like it didn't like the field being empty.
I am grateful for your help.

MinimServer doesn't check any online databases. Any tag error reported would be a format error in the tag value. If this happens again, please post the full warning message.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2015, 19:32
Simon

Here is a new example, its not exactly the same message but very similar to the previous ones which said 'truncating' rather than 'ignoring' .

Warning: ignoring incorrect value for DATE tag 0 in file Books & Spoken/John Masters/1. The Deceivers/04 The Servant of Kali.m4a

This came about today because I noticed that the Album name for this track didn't match the Album name for the other tracks. All I changed was the Album name for this track. The year field is empty for all the tracks.
24-02-2015, 20:22
(24-02-2015 19:32)Nothung Wrote:  Simon

Here is a new example, its not exactly the same message but very similar to the previous ones which said 'truncating' rather than 'ignoring' .

Warning: ignoring incorrect value for DATE tag 0 in file Books & Spoken/John Masters/1. The Deceivers/04 The Servant of Kali.m4a

This came about today because I noticed that the Album name for this track didn't match the Album name for the other tracks. All I changed was the Album name for this track. The year field is empty for all the tracks.

You are getting this message because the DATE tag value for this track is "0".

As this is a .m4a file, MinimServer reads the ©day field from the .m4a file and uses the value of this field for DATE. You would get this message if the ©day field has the value 0 or if the ©day field has an unexpected format.

If you would like to upload this .m4a file to my FTP server, I will check the value of the ©day field. I will PM you the FTP server details.
24-02-2015, 22:12
I am happy to do as you suggest but you may have to guide me through the steps.

Thank you.
24-02-2015, 22:23
(24-02-2015 22:12)Nothung Wrote:  I am happy to do as you suggest but you may have to guide me through the steps.

Thank you.

Do you have a Windows PC to do the upload? If so, you can do it quite simply using WinSCP. Alternatively, you could post the file on Dropbox or similar and send me a link by PM.
24-02-2015, 23:01
I am on a Mac, I have Dropbox but rarely use it so it might take me a few minutes to work through it.

Do you want to see the whole folder of 5 files to compare the ones that seem to be ok?
24-02-2015, 23:43
(24-02-2015 23:01)Nothung Wrote:  I am on a Mac, I have Dropbox but rarely use it so it might take me a few minutes to work through it.

Do you want to see the whole folder of 5 files to compare the ones that seem to be ok?

Please upload one that is good and one that is bad.
24-02-2015, 23:58 (This post was last modified: 25-02-2015 00:02 by simoncn.)
(24-02-2015 23:01)Nothung Wrote:  I am on a Mac, I have Dropbox but rarely use it so it might take me a few minutes to work through it.

Thanks for this.

Track 4 contains a ©day field with the string value "0". Track 3 does not contain a ©day field.

I presume the incorrect ©day field was added by your tag editor when you edited the file tags. Which tag editor did you use?
25-02-2015, 00:19
I used the editor in File Station on my Synology NAS. I wouldn't normally do this but thought it would be quicker to make a small change. Normally I would use XLD to add tags when ripping CDs and Fission or iTunes when tagging files such as audiobooks or music recorded from radio.

The original files would have been tagged by Fission or iTunes and the problem with file 4 happened after I changed the Album name with Synology.

I am afraid I don't know what a ©day field is or how to correct it. It doesn't show up in any tag editor I have access to as far as I can tell.

Hope you can explain it and point me in the right direction to correct it. I wont use Synology to change tags again!

Very many thanks.
25-02-2015, 00:40
Simon

I found a workaround. I copied the offending file to my mac and deleted the one on the NAS. I then edited the tag in Fission by putting in a date and reloaded it to the NAS. Then I rescanned and MinimServer didn't report an error. I then repeated the process and deleted the date and rescanned and again no error was reported in the log.

I don't understand it but no doubt it makes sense to you. The lesson seems to be don't make changes using Synology File Station if there is an empty date tag.

I really appreciate you patience and help.