Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new user: album art, audio files
07-11-2019, 21:09
RE: new user: album art, audio files
(07-11-2019 18:55)simoncn Wrote:  Everything sounds fine. After you get the message “16 songs added to DS”, the music should start to play. What is actually happening?

Yes, it’s very confusing.

I’m not sure if this is relevant but I’ll write it anyway.

I tried Kazoo and selected a track, saw the blue bar and heard nothing.
Confused, I selected another track, saw the blue bar and heard music.
Weird, I thought, so I repeated this several times before a pattern emerged. It seemed that FLAC tracks worked but wav tracks did not.

Hmm, so I repeated the above but this time using Kinsky. No problems playing any type of track.
I then returned to Kazoo to play the tracks setup by Kinsky, including FLAC and wav, and this time the wav tracks played alright.
I selected another wav track and silence.

The renderer is an Oppo 103.

So @donlw what type of audio tracks are you selecting?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2019, 04:42
(07-11-2019 21:09)Alandbush Wrote:  
(07-11-2019 18:55)simoncn Wrote:  Everything sounds fine. After you get the message “16 songs added to DS”, the music should start to play. What is actually happening?

Yes, it’s very confusing.

I’m not sure if this is relevant but I’ll write it anyway.

I tried Kazoo and selected a track, saw the blue bar and heard nothing.
Confused, I selected another track, saw the blue bar and heard music.
Weird, I thought, so I repeated this several times before a pattern emerged. It seemed that FLAC tracks worked but wav tracks did not.

Hmm, so I repeated the above but this time using Kinsky. No problems playing any type of track.
I then returned to Kazoo to play the tracks setup by Kinsky, including FLAC and wav, and this time the wav tracks played alright.
I selected another wav track and silence.

The renderer is an Oppo 103.

So @donlw what type of audio tracks are you selecting?
Since I moved them from iTunes, I assume they are aiff. However, I think the problem may be related to Java being blocked in a firewall. I’ve looked quite a bit, and seems that may be the reason I’m getting that message in the BubbleupPn app for Internet connectivity. I’m going to try to get a fix tomorrow. I will certainly consider the audio tracks issue.
Thanks,
Don
08-11-2019, 10:34 (This post was last modified: 08-11-2019 12:37 by simoncn.)
Have you installed BubbleUPnP Server on the Rendu, on the Mac or on your NAS? Which firewall do you think might be blocking Java?

Edit: If you have installed BubbleUPnP Server on the Rendu and if BubbleUPnP Server is producing the message about a conectivity read timeout and if the Synology firewall is enabled, it is possible that the Synology firewall might be blocking inbound HTTP connections to MinimServer. In this case, you need to change the settings in the Synology firewall to enable inbound connections to UDP port 1900 and TCP ports 9790 and 9791. You can do this by creating a firewall rule and selecting the settings for Built-in Applications > MinimServer UPnP media server.
08-11-2019, 13:53
(08-11-2019 10:34)simoncn Wrote:  Have you installed BubbleUPnP Server on the Rendu, on the Mac or on your NAS? Which firewall do you think might be blocking Java?

Edit: If you have installed BubbleUPnP Server on the Rendu and if BubbleUPnP Server is producing the message about a conectivity read timeout and if the Synology firewall is enabled, it is possible that the Synology firewall might be blocking inbound HTTP connections to MinimServer. In this case, you need to change the settings in the Synology firewall to enable inbound connections to UDP port 1900 and TCP ports 9790 and 9791. You can do this by creating a firewall rule and selecting the settings for Built-in Applications > MinimServer UPnP media server.

I had not thought of Sinology’s firewall. I will check that out too.
14-11-2019, 22:09
(08-11-2019 13:53)donlw Wrote:  
(08-11-2019 10:34)simoncn Wrote:  Have you installed BubbleUPnP Server on the Rendu, on the Mac or on your NAS? Which firewall do you think might be blocking Java?

I had not thought of Sinology’s firewall. I will check that out too.
I went into Synology firewall, which was off, but turned it on and followed directions. No difference. I decided to try to play music using AudioStation and no sound. The microrendu is now on the Mac as a storage read only. Trying one more thing today, I uninstalled the Synology Media Server, and now the Rendu is listed twice. I was hoping to get back to normal. I have done a lot of investigating and have to believe that something is off between the Synology and the micorendu. Any thoughts are appreciated. Otherwise, I will keep investigating.
14-11-2019, 22:47
I suggest you disable the Synology firewall. My suggestion applied only if you already had it enabled.

Please confirm that all the following is correct.

1) You are running MinimServer on the Synology

2) You are not running MinimServer on any other devices

3) You are running BubbleUPnP Server on the Rendu

4) You are not running BubbleUPnP Server on any other devices

5) With this setup, browsing MinimServer using Kazoo works

6) With this setup, attempting to play a file from MinimServer using Kazoo produces an error message (where exactly do you see this? can you provide more details?)

Also:

I do not understand "The microrendu is now on the Mac as a storage read only". Is 'microrendu' different from 'Rendu' or the same thing? Please clarify exactly how the Rendu/microrendu is/are connected. If you don't have the Rendu/microrendu directly connected to your network via Ethernet, things will not work correctly.
18-11-2019, 22:18
Apologies for any confusion. I had actually uninstalled everything and started over, and in doing so, found a couple of mistakes. Your last post simplified everything. Although it still took some trial and error, right now I am hearing music. It sounds great.
Thanks to you and all who helped out. My donation will be on its way.
18-11-2019, 23:19
I am very glad you have got this working now. Time to enjoy the music! Thanks very much for the donation.