Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new user: album art, audio files
06-11-2019, 07:28
RE: new user: album art, audio files
You need to have the Rendu running and set to OpenHome mode. If it is set to UPnP/DLNA mode, Kazoo won't find it and won't start.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2019, 11:06 (This post was last modified: 06-11-2019 11:20 by Alandbush.)
MicroRendu selectable output modes

Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Edit - I assumed this mode would offer the option to configure as Open home. However, Now I don’t think it does and you have to configure the installed BubbleUPNP server software to make the rendu act as an Openhome renderer.
06-11-2019, 16:45
That is unfortunate. Instead of Kazoo, the OP could try some other iOS control point such as mconnect, 8player or AcePlayer. None of these runs on the Mac, so if control from Mac as well as iOS is needed, it seems that BubbleUPnP Server + Kazoo is the best option.
06-11-2019, 18:42
(06-11-2019 16:45)simoncn Wrote:  That is unfortunate. Instead of Kazoo, the OP could try some other iOS control point such as mconnect, 8player or AcePlayer. None of these runs on the Mac, so if control from Mac as well as iOS is needed, it seems that BubbleUPnP Server + Kazoo is the best option.

Last nighty LK came up but not with controls for any settings as set out in the user guide. This morning, I went to "sonore my unit" and used their app for BubbleUPnP server. I went through it and made the sonore an Open Home render.
However," HTTPS: ERROR: connectivity server read timeout: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out” shows up in red in settings. I don’t see BubbleUPnP in Launch Pad.
No music plays with LK.

Right now a cut is playing but it is from DiskStation although it shows up on LK.

Apparently I missed something somewhere, perhaps using the sonore app for installing BU.
06-11-2019, 20:10 (This post was last modified: 06-11-2019 20:12 by Alandbush.)
(06-11-2019 18:42)donlw Wrote:  I don’t see BubbleUPnP in Launch Pad.

I do not have experience of MacOS but does the above mean you are trying to run BubbleUPNP server on the Mac?

If so, I am confused as to why, because of the actions you have already performed.

You have written that you have run BubbleUPNP server on the rendu and configured the rendu dlna output as an Open home renderer.
As a result, the rendu should now be available as a room within both the macOS Kazoo and the ipad Kazoo. Btw - the Kazoo applications are independent of each other. You use one or the other.
Then it’s simply a matter of choosing your audio source, I.e. MinimServer, Tidal, Qobuz etc., from within the chosen Kazoo application.

Edit - my apologies if I have completely misunderstood
06-11-2019, 21:45 (This post was last modified: 06-11-2019 21:45 by simoncn.)
It sounds like something went wrong when you installed Sonore's BubbleUPnP Server app on your Rendu. The best way to resolve this problem would be to contact Sonore. If you click Support from the Sonore website, the first link takes you to the Sonore support forum. It looks like Sonore responds quickly to posts there.
07-11-2019, 00:12
(06-11-2019 21:45)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like something went wrong when you installed Sonore's BubbleUPnP Server app on your Rendu. The best way to resolve this problem would be to contact Sonore. If you click Support from the Sonore website, the first link takes you to the Sonore support forum. It looks like Sonore responds quickly to posts there.

Simon,
I have a looked ay that forum a bit since receiving your post. I will continue to do that do that.
The LK does recognize the Microrendu, which makes me thing I am pretty close. I have installed it a few times hoping something would click.
Thanks to you and all you responded. It is greatly appreciated.

Don
07-11-2019, 11:36
If Kazoo does recognise the microRendu, does it also see MinimServer and allow you to browse your library?
07-11-2019, 18:47
(07-11-2019 11:36)simoncn Wrote:  If Kazoo does recognise the microRendu, does it also see MinimServer and allow you to browse your library?

Yes; the Rendu with its number is at the top of the page; one room says "my music" with “minim server(disk station) beneath it. When I open it, it goes to a list of albums, artists, etc. When I open one, the album will come up with the list of songs beneath. When I hit play now, a blue bar opens at the top and says “ 16 songs added to DS.” I went back to BubbleUpNp to see if perhaps I have a setting wrong. I’m also not sure about the role of the Synology. Apparently, I haven’t gotten the programs to coordinate. I hope I was thorough here to save some time.
Thanks,
Don
07-11-2019, 18:55 (This post was last modified: 07-11-2019 18:56 by simoncn.)
Everything sounds fine. After you get the message “16 songs added to DS”, the music should start to play. What is actually happening? Is this when you get the message "HTTPS: ERROR: connectivity server read timeout: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out”? Where is this message appearing?

It should not be this hard. Sad