Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new user: album art, audio files
04-11-2019, 23:45
RE: new user: album art, audio files
(04-11-2019 22:51)DavidL Wrote:  Just to add to Simon's endorsement of the BubbleUPnP control app. I thought it was so much better than the alternatives that I bought an Android tablet just to run it, as we are otherwise a totally Mac household.

Simon and David:
I have investigated and found there is a download from BubbleUpnp for Synology, but it will not open on my Mac. I was hoping to eventually use my iPad so that’s why I was hoping I could find a controller that is Mac friendly.

I’m going to keep checking it out. Your input has given me a lot to investigate and think about.

Thanks for your help and advice.
Don
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2019, 01:40
(04-11-2019 23:45)donlw Wrote:  I have investigated and found there is a download from BubbleUpnp for Synology, but it will not open on my Mac.

I suspect that you are referring to the BubbleUPNP server.

This is a totally different app with a completely different function to BubbleUPNP which is a media control point. This is available only for Android phones/tablets.

Once installed BubbleUPNP media control is used to communicate with a media server (eg minimserver) and media renderer (eg microrendu in upnp/dlna mode).

The media control accesses the audio files via the media server, displays them on the tablet and when an audio file is selected and played, the media control instructs the media renderer to request that file from the media server and output the audio to a Dac etc.
05-11-2019, 04:04
(05-11-2019 01:40)Alandbush Wrote:  
(04-11-2019 23:45)donlw Wrote:  I have investigated and found there is a download from BubbleUpnp for Synology, but it will not open on my Mac.

I suspect that you are referring to the BubbleUPNP server.

This is a totally different app with a completely different function to BubbleUPNP which is a media control point. This is available only for Android phones/tablets.

Once installed BubbleUPNP media control is used to communicate with a media server (eg minimserver) and media renderer (eg microrendu in upnp/dlna mode).

The media control accesses the audio files via the media server, displays them on the tablet and when an audio file is selected and played, the media control instructs the media renderer to request that file from the media server and output the audio to a Dac etc.
Alan,
I realized that after I posted.
Your explanation is the most straightforward explanation I have read. I will keep that in mind as I go forward.

I am going to continue researching and reading.

Thanks for taking the time to replay and clarify.
Don
05-11-2019, 10:41
If you configure your Sonore as an OpenHome renderer, you can install Linn Kazoo on your iPad and this should be able to find the Sonore. Kazoo is probably the best control point for the iPad if you are using an OpenHome renderer.
05-11-2019, 16:46
(05-11-2019 10:41)simoncn Wrote:  If you configure your Sonore as an OpenHome renderer, you can install Linn Kazoo on your iPad and this should be able to find the Sonore. Kazoo is probably the best control point for the iPad if you are using an OpenHome renderer.

Simon,
I’m going to give this a try. I’ve already looked a bit.

Do I need Linn server?
Do l also load Linn Kazoo on my Mac?

Thanks,
Don
05-11-2019, 19:24
You don't need the Linn server. MinimServer is your server. Smile

You can put Kazoo on your Mac, on your iPad or on both, depending on which of these you want to use to browse your library and play music.
05-11-2019, 22:57
(05-11-2019 19:24)simoncn Wrote:  You don't need the Linn server. MinimServer is your server. Smile

You can put Kazoo on your Mac, on your iPad or on both, depending on which of these you want to use to browse your library and play music.

Simon,
I have put LK on my Mac but it won’t open for some reason.
Thanks,
Don
05-11-2019, 23:10
(05-11-2019 22:57)donlw Wrote:  
(05-11-2019 19:24)simoncn Wrote:  You don't need the Linn server. MinimServer is your server. Smile

Simon,
I have put LK on my Mac but it won’t open for some reason.
Thanks,
Don

It seems stuck on waiting for a room. I hope to get it worked because I’m excited about getting it set up and using it.
Thanks again
Don
06-11-2019, 00:34 (This post was last modified: 06-11-2019 00:38 by Alandbush.)
(05-11-2019 23:10)donlw Wrote:  It seems stuck on waiting for a room. I hope to get it worked because I’m excited about getting it set up and using it.
Thanks again
Don

Hmm, yes. Linn Kazoo is a little un-intuitive when selecting a room.

You would expect it to present a list of available rooms (I.e. media renderers) if a) no room has been selected previously or b) it cannot connect to a previously selected room. But no, it waits until you select the ‘waiting ...’ message when a list should then be presented. In your case it should be the Rendu, assuming you have set it up with the Dlna output mode.

For more information check out the Linn user guide - Navigation section

Edit
PS - you will also have to select your audio source (I.e media server) which will be MinimServer.
06-11-2019, 02:48
(06-11-2019 00:34)Alandbush Wrote:  
(05-11-2019 23:10)donlw Wrote:  It seems stuck on waiting for a room. I hope to get it worked because I’m excited about getting it set up and using it.
Thanks again
Don

Hmm, yes. Linn Kazoo is a little un-intuitive when selecting a room.

You would expect it to present a list of available rooms (I.e. media renderers) if a) no room has been selected previously or b) it cannot connect to a previously selected room. But no, it waits until you select the ‘waiting ...’ message when a list should then be presented. In your case it should be the Rendu, assuming you have set it up with the Dlna output mode.

For more information check out the Linn user guide - Navigation section

Edit
PS - you will also have to select your audio source (I.e media server) which will be MinimServer.

I think I know the problem. I’ll get to it tomorrow and follow up. Your input helped again
Thanks,
Don