Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release Date & Format Tags
20-10-2019, 22:35
Release Date & Format Tags
Hi all,

Quick question, I would like to add 2 tags to my Minimserver installation, namely 'release date' and 'format'.

I'd like to be able to simply select a year, (1985 for example) and all the music released in that year to appear, it doesn't need to be filtered by month or anything, I'd be happy with just year.

Also same with the format, if I select FLAC or WAV for example I get just that.

I added label recently and have been slowly using Songkong to correct the tags, working really well for me, but adding the 2 tags above would be a big help - I've tried a few times, but I must not be using the correct tag names for release date and format.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2019, 23:21
RE: Release Date & Format Tags
Audio format information is available as #AudioFormat. If you want to show this as 'Format' in the index, put #AudioFormat:Format in indexTags.

Is 'release date' the same as the OriginalDate tag added by SongKong? If so, you can add OriginalDate to indexTags.
21-10-2019, 17:48
Thanks for that, Format worked perfectly, OriginalDate displays the date, but I can't see anywhere within manually edit metadata within Songkong to edit this field, am I missing something or is there another (better!?) way to do this using both Minim and Songkong?
22-10-2019, 07:53
MinimServer can show any tag that SongKong has added automatically or via manual editing. For this specific question about how SongKong handles the OriginalDate tag, the SongKong forum would probably be the best place to get an answer.
24-10-2019, 07:48
(21-10-2019 17:48)Mr_Withers Wrote:  Thanks for that, Format worked perfectly, OriginalDate displays the date, but I can't see anywhere within manually edit metadata within Songkong to edit this field, am I missing something or is there another (better!?) way to do this using both Minim and Songkong?
Hi, Original Release Date was missing from Manual Edit but is now available in SongKong 6.6 (on the album tab)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user