Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch does not find MinimServer resp. music library on rootfolder after update
03-10-2019, 13:57 (This post was last modified: 03-10-2019 14:47 by Frank Andreesen.)
MinimWatch does not find MinimServer resp. music library on rootfolder after update
Dear Simon,

I have just completed an upgrade to Minimserver 0.8.5.2. and now my Naim NDX Streamer resp. Minimwatch does not find my multimedia folder and files on my QNAP TS-119P II.

I have successfully installed Minimserver on my QNAP, as confirmed in the status message contained from the QNAP App Center:

MinimServer Status

This page was last updated at 14:36:04 on 03 Oct 2019

MinimServer 0.8.5.2 update 129, Copyright © 2012-2019 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.

Media server status for MinimServer[NAS]: Running

UNQUOTE

I have also reinstalled the latest version of Minimwatch on my Apple MacBoo Pro (latest version, in line with MinimServer Version).

The Minimwatch Icon on my Mac is either grey or yellow. In properties I currently have the following settings:

contentDir: /share/Multimedia

I tried to verify this file path via FileStation 5 via my QNAP Control Panel / Dashboard (having noted your recommendation in your installation instructions) but was not able to make the file path visible, despite doing a right mouse click on the multimedia folder, the folder that contains all my audio files.

I have not yet installed Minimstreamer (being not familiar with this program and being of the opinion that for now I do not need this).

I have also restarted my QNAP, as well as my Streamer.

My Apple is running on OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6 (latest version, that runs on my early 2011 MacBook - which is running very smooth and fast).

All components are connected via LAN in my home network. The firewall on my MacBook is switched off.

Unfortunately I have not kept a note of my prior settings.

I also have just looked at the LogFile, noting a lot of errors:

MinimServer 0.8.5.2 update 129, Copyright © 2012-2019 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_06-b24)
Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode)
Java runtime options: -Duser.timezone=Europe/Amsterdam
Platform default charset is UTF-8
Language setting is 'auto'
Current time is Thu Oct 03 13:40:41 CEST 2019 in time zone Europe/Amsterdam
starting MinimServer[NAS]
Warning: ignored conflicting DISCNUMBER value 1 in file iTunes/Neeme Järvi; Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra/Sibelius_ orchestral poem (Disc 2)/01 Pohjola's Daughter.m4a
Warning: ignored conflicting DISCNUMBER value 1 in file iTunes/Neeme Järvi; Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra/Sibelius_ orchestral poem (Disc 2)/02 Night Ride and Sunrise.m4a

UNQUOTE

What surprises me here is that Minimwatch or Server appears to wanting to access iTunes. I do not have any iTunes material in my QNAP multimedia folder. So seems Minimwatch is trying to find music files elsewhere on my PC?

Do you have any recommendation what else I can do to make my MinimServer work again?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Greetings from Düsseldorf,

Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2019, 14:51 (This post was last modified: 03-10-2019 14:52 by simoncn.)
RE: Minimatch does not find Minimserver resp. music library on rootfolder
The yellow MinimWatch icon means that MinimServer is rescanning your files. You will not be able to access your library from the Naim until the rescan has finished.

There are no errors in your MinimServer log, only warnings caused by tagging errors.

MinimServer has found an iTunes folder under your /share/Multimedia folder. The /share/Multimedia folder is your multimedia folder, the folder that contains all your audio files. If you no longer need the contents of this iTunes folder, you can delete it and do another MinimServer rescan.

If you have lost your previous MinimServer settings, this probably because you uninstalled the previous version of MinimServer before installing 0.8.5.2. This is not recommended, as mentioned in the Note in this section.
04-10-2019, 17:49
RE: MinimWatch does not find MinimServer resp. music library on rootfolder after update
Dear Simon,
Many thanks for our prompt reply! Possibly it is because of the 3000+ albums in my multimedia folder. After a while the Minimwatch icon turn grey (Apple) and I could choose Minimserver from my Naim App on my iPad. All working now and browsing happily my music ?. I guess because I did a full reinstallation the scan took longer than expected.
Best regards,
Frank
04-10-2019, 18:10
RE: MinimWatch does not find MinimServer resp. music library on rootfolder
Yes, this is another reason not to remove the old version before you install the new version. Because you removed the old version, the MinimServer cache was deleted and MinimServer had to rebuild it. On a TS-119P II, this takes a long time.