Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing propertes
22-09-2019, 15:59
Changing propertes
I have just installed MinimServer for Melco. However I know that the way MinimServer handles tags etc can be changed according to the User Guide. My problem is finding out where I can do this.

The Melco is used as a NAS feeding a dCS Network Bridge. The Bridge is controlled by dCS Mosaic Control running on an i-pad. Nowhere can I see any access to options to customise what MinimServer is sending to the Mosaic Control. Mosaic displays the Minim Server opening page as per the MS manual:

n albums
n items
n playlists
Artist
Date
Genre
All Artists
Composer
[untagged]
[folder view]

And that is it. I can select any of the above and be taken to a page with further detail as per the selection criterion chosen and then to a play control page for a selected item. However the metadata displayed shows Album title and,not artist, but composer instead. So e.g. " A Hard Day's Night " is not displayed as by the Beatles but by John Lennon, Paul McCartney.

I have Minim Watch running on my PC ( logo is green so Minim Server is found and is running) but this offers me no help in correcting the way things are displayed.

Hopefully this is just a newbie's dumb question but I just cannot see anything running that allows one to go further than the default display.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2019, 17:15
RE: Changing propertes
Try the User guide properties page. I find this a useful index to the various customisations.

Perhaps start with one or two changes to determine the effect of each in your control point.

Also, be aware that some control points may ignore some customisations.
22-09-2019, 17:35 (This post was last modified: 22-09-2019 17:41 by PAR.)
(22-09-2019 17:15)Alandbush Wrote:  Try the User guide properties page. I find this a useful index to the various customisations.

Perhaps start with one or two changes to determine the effect of each in your control point.

Also, be aware that some control points may ignore some customisations.

Thanks for your response. However my problem is not actually what to do but where to do it.

To quote from the User Guide:
"The properties are displayed as a tabbed dialog with separate tabs for Server properties, Advanced properties and System properties. "

Yes, but where? They don't appear on my dCS Mosaic controller . They can't be found in whatever I can see on Minimwatch. I looked at MinimServer on my network and all I see if a list of folders, no tabs etc. So where are they? the guide just says they are there. Where is there ?

Should I really be posting this question on the dCS Community Forum or even raising it with Melco?
22-09-2019, 21:33
To see the tabbed dialog, you need to right-click the MinimWatch minim icon, then select Properties from the pop-up menu. This is described in this section.

The problem with the composer appearing in dCS Mosaic instead of the artist is a known issue with Mosaic that dCS is intending to fix (see this post).
26-09-2019, 14:22
(22-09-2019 21:33)simoncn Wrote:  To see the tabbed dialog, you need to right-click the MinimWatch minim icon, then select Properties from the pop-up menu. This is described in this section.

The problem with the composer appearing in dCS Mosaic instead of the artist is a known issue with Mosaic that dCS is intending to fix (see this post).

Thanks for your reply. Finding that the Mosaic issue with artist v. composer is known is encouraging considering that dCS have been promising the next update the Mosaic "soon", though that may be being measured in glacial time Wink