Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort By Date Added
17-10-2020, 17:22
RE: Sort By Date Added
Sorry, but I wonder why this issue could not be solved yet.
If you look here: https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread...ation+date
it has been addressed already 6 years ago with a statement of SIMONCN that it's on his list from 14-09-2014, 10:42.
Cite: "I will start work on this when update 43 is released. This should be within the next few days."
By now we have tags like #Audioquality but still no #Creationdate or similar.
MinimServer is such a powerful instrument for managing big music libraries (don't know any better for my NAS), but I too miss this advantage.

MinimServer, full licence, on Synology NAS DS218+ with DSM 7.2.
MinimWatch on Win10 22H2 x64.
UPnP/DLNA renderer T+A MP2000R (DLAN connected), Como Audio Duetto (WLAN).
Router AVM Fritz!Box 7583.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2020, 08:35 (This post was last modified: 20-10-2020 08:35 by lyapounov.)
I may miss something, but on my Lumin app, the "sort by added" works very well...

it is the icon left to the folder icon, a square with a sparkle in it
20-10-2020, 11:32 (This post was last modified: 20-10-2020 11:36 by PeterG.)
(20-10-2020 08:35)lyapounov Wrote:  I may miss something, but on my Lumin app, the "sort by added" works very well...

Sorry, but maybe I was not clear enough.
I don't want any app. Thanks to MinimServer and UPnP/DLNA, NAS and player(s) work together pretty well without any smartphone/tablet/laptop between them, displaying all the sorting I need to select from my music, except 'last added'.
Just gave '#AudioQuality' a try as an itemTag. It works great to select the Hi-Res files!

20-10-2020, 11:48
(20-10-2020 11:32)PeterG Wrote:  
(20-10-2020 08:35)lyapounov Wrote:  I may miss something, but on my Lumin app, the "sort by added" works very well...

Sorry, but maybe I was not clear enough.
I don't want any app. Thanks to MinimServer and UPnP/DLNA, NAS and player(s) work together pretty well without any smartphone/tablet/laptop between them, displaying all the sorting I need to select from my music, except 'last added'.
Just gave '#AudioQuality' a try as an itemTag. It works great to select the Hi-Res files!
Until the feature is available you could use a date tag (like Date or Release Date), a tag editor like Yate (on Mac) let you define simple macros to speed up this kind of operations. Define then in Minimserver an alias for the date tag of your choice and a sort criteria and you’ll have what you need.
The only alternative available, afaik, is to use Lumïn app (I should give it a try, it is a very fine app)
20-10-2020, 12:31
(20-10-2020 11:48)stefano_mbp Wrote:  The only alternative available, afaik, is to use Lumïn app (I should give it a try, it is a very fine app)
As I'm using MediaMonkey (Gold) for years to maintain my library it's the best workaround for me. I created playlists for this issue with the opportunity to select 'added within the last xxx days'. With 'MediaMonkey Server' running on my laptop the players work with it, but you need an additional device running like for all apps.

20-10-2020, 22:32
(20-10-2020 12:31)PeterG Wrote:  As I'm using MediaMonkey (Gold) for years to maintain my library it's the best workaround for me. I created playlists for this issue with the opportunity to select 'added within the last xxx days'. With 'MediaMonkey Server' running on my laptop the players work with it, but you need an additional device running like for all apps.

I suspect the answer will be No, but if you have a Windows PC, would this thread be useful?
02-11-2020, 17:05
Hi all. Three ideas, particularly for those using Mediamonkey.

You can set one of the custom tags to an added date. I for example set Custom 1 to "Year.Month" where the tag is for Nov 2020: "2020.11". It's then very easy to create auto playlists in Mediamonkey to view your music by date added, in a tree - although you need to create each month's playlist. I've been doing this for 10 years+ so not much work for me each month but it could be a pain if you're starting now.

The other option for viewing in a year/month tree would be to use Magic Nodes (a Mediamonkey addin) and some clever settings. For eg I have the below for Year Bough - Genre - Album:
Bought - Genre - Album|Icon:Top level|Child of:Playlists|Position:Before\<Custom 1|Trim:2>\<Genre>\<Album artist with album>

In order to actually CREATE the Year.Month tag I suspect you could use RegEx Find and Replace (another MM addin) to read the added to library tag and insert something into Custom 1/ whatever.
17-07-2021, 09:30
Is there any new information about the release of this feature? This is probably the most missing feature in such a good program. It would be very nice to be able to display recently added albums, e.g. from the last week or, for example, from the last 2 days. It would be best if I could configure it and set my own time interval.
17-07-2021, 10:10
My main focus at present is on implementing this feature. I cannot give a time estimate for when it will be ready for release.
17-07-2021, 13:24 (This post was last modified: 17-07-2021 13:27 by KreTR.)
Thank you for the quick reply. Although I would prefer the information about when the function will appear in the Minimserver was more specific. I am waiting with great hope that it will be soon.