Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort By Date Added
24-08-2019, 10:34
Sort By Date Added
I've been using MinimServer for a few years but this is my first post....
I know this has been raised before, so apologies, but did the ability to easily sort albums by date added to the library ever get introduced as a feature? Ideally so albums added in last day, week, month, year etc could be viewed.

I understand there is a work around using 'date added tag' but was hoping it would become a standard feature at some point.

Many thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2019, 22:50
RE: Sort By Date Added
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

This is still on my to-do list with very high priority. It has taken longer than I expected and I still can't give an estimated timescale for when it might be available.

Your suggestion of indexing by last day, week, month, year added is interesting and I will bear it in mind. Another option is to list a fixed or user-configurable number of the most recently added tracks or albums, sorted by most recent date first. The user could browse down this list as far as he or she wants to go.
24-08-2019, 23:40
Video RE: Sort By Date Added
(24-08-2019 22:50)simoncn Wrote:  Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

This is still on my to-do list with very high priority. It has taken longer than I expected and I still can't give an estimated timescale for when it might be available.

Your suggestion of indexing by last day, week, month, year added is interesting and I will bear it in mind. Another option is to list a fixed or user-configurable number of the most recently added tracks or albums, sorted by most recent date first. The user could browse down this list as far as he or she wants to go.

Thanks Simon
I mentioned the ability to sort by various time spans (day, week etc) as that is configurable using the standard Media Server on my Synology NAS and is a very useful feature. I have configured it to show files added in last day, last 2 days, last week, last month, last 3 months, last year etc.
In every other respect though I much prefer to use MinimServer so a similar addition would be most welcome.
09-09-2019, 03:17
Great to see that this is high on the development roadmap.

I am less looking for a sortable list, but a playlist with recently added albums. Assume this may take care of the same thing though?
09-09-2019, 07:38
What is your definition of "recently"?
09-09-2019, 07:46
Is your question about how long the list should be? If so, I don't mind. It could be 10 albums or 20 albums. But I don't care too much.
09-09-2019, 10:55
Thanks, from this it is clear that you consider "recent" to be defined by a number of albums rather than a time period as suggested by the OP.
10-09-2019, 05:00
Got it. I'd also be fine with what the OP suggests. For example, it could be all month added within the last month. Anything that allows me to have a playlist of some scale to display recently added albums (album level, not song level). Thanks for considering. This would be a great feature!
10-09-2019, 08:07
I think that means two separate things Simon now has to consider! A Date Added sort, and a "most recently added" that is always the last x albums, time unlimited.
25-09-2019, 18:28
Fantastic if you can do this. Great work Simon.