Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The control app thread
01-12-2020, 19:47
RE: The control app thread
(01-12-2020 08:16)stefano_mbp Wrote:  I think it could depend on the device used.
On iPad 2gen, iPad 5gen, iPhone 5 and iPhone 7 it works without any issue (Kazoo 4.13.72).
Linn app (4.2.18) is working fine too (not on iPad 2gen as iOS 10.0 minimum is required)
My new iPad2 8th generation IOS 14.2.0 crashes frequently using Kazoo 4.13.72
It is almost a bad as Kazoo for Android, never had so much issues before.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2020, 09:27
I received the following reply from Linn support:

"We are aware of an issue with Kazoo 4.13.73 and the Linn App 4.2.19 that is affecting most users.
There has been an IOS and Android Beta of Kazoo released and an IOS Beta for the Linn App."

"We are pushing to get these released as quickly as we can.
The IOS and Android Beta versions will become the official releases, so you should only need to run the Beta version for a few days."

Sounds like issues should be resolved soon... fingers crossed.
05-12-2020, 22:07
Lumin app and Minimserver2. Since I have installed Minimserver 2, I have a lot of offline problems with the lumin app. I have the old minimserver version on another nas and have no problems accessing it. Is minimserver2 compatible with the lumin app?
05-12-2020, 22:47
Minimserver2 and Lumïn app on iPad and iPhone here: Lumïn app is working fine.
24-01-2021, 13:54
I notice today, 24-1-21, that Lumin have an update to deal with a Tidal problem. I didn't affect me, but it seems to have loaded OK

Donuk frosty downtown York
16-03-2021, 04:59 (This post was last modified: 16-03-2021 04:59 by Mike48.)
(16-10-2020 05:03)Mike48 Wrote:  My control app for 8 or 9 years has been BubbleUPnP. ... [An] issue is that my Auralic Aries G1 sometimes crashes when adding a Qobuz track from BubbleUPnP. ONLY from BubbleUPnP, and only when BubbleUPnP accesses the Qobuz library directly, not when I share a track to BubbleUPnP. The developer tells me it's an Auralic problem; Auralic has been unable to replicate it, and I'm up the creek. ...

For the record, Bubblesoft found that this was triggered by sending tracks with very large metadata streams (e.g., a review of the album). They modified BubbleUPnP to send less metadata, and now the Aries G1 does not crash. THANKS to Bubble!

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA
08-04-2021, 09:21
@bubbleguuum has just fixed the MinimServer 2 'Rescan Library' functionality with the release of BubbleUPnP 3.5.

Thanks bubbleguuum!
23-04-2021, 17:34
(01-08-2019 10:02)Donuk Wrote:  I forgot to add to my OP that I have never heard any difference in sound whatever control point I use.
I do not understand how a control point might vary the sound, but I am willing to learn....

If you have a different experience, do let us know.

Donuk beautiful downtown York, although it was raining earlier.......

Not seeing a reply on this issue of control point vs. sound quality, I thought I would add my recent experience as a newbie to the subject. I have installed--and enjoyed--Bubble UPnp on two different android phones: and older Samsung S7 and newer Pixel 4. Accessing a rather large library of mostly classical music on a Melco N1A*, I like the presentation and file access capabilities of Bubble. However, I just installed Lumin on a new iPad and am surprised (shocked, actually), by its superior sound quality. I gather from Dan at Melco that I am not alone. With this in mind, I would be interested in others' experiences.
*playing via USB directly to PS Audio DirectStream DAC.
23-04-2021, 18:23
The renderer does interact with the control point during playback. It sends regular messages to the control point indicating progress through the track.
24-04-2021, 10:10
(23-04-2021 17:34)alh22 Wrote:  Not seeing a reply on this issue of control point vs. sound quality, I thought I would add my recent experience as a newbie to the subject. I have installed--and enjoyed--Bubble UPnp on two different android phones: and older Samsung S7 and newer Pixel 4. Accessing a rather large library of mostly classical music on a Melco N1A*, I like the presentation and file access capabilities of Bubble. However, I just installed Lumin on a new iPad and am surprised (shocked, actually), by its superior sound quality. I gather from Dan at Melco that I am not alone. With this in mind, I would be interested in others' experiences.
*playing via USB directly to PS Audio DirectStream DAC.

Why don't you just do a packet capture between the control point and the renderer to see what's going on (whilst a song is playing).

As you say, Bubble is the superior control point, but if you did find something - and it wasn't specific to your renderer - I'm sure @bubbleguuum would be able to fix it.