Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initial setup
29-07-2019, 22:22
RE: Initial setup
(29-07-2019 22:03)Alandbush Wrote:  
(29-07-2019 18:00)Fess2709 Wrote:  All is working great other than not being able to view any album artwork. I am using the "Cambridge Connect" App. If it means anything I see MP3 or M4A displayed, Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

I am assuming that the content of the following link is still valid.

Why-can-t-I-see-album-artwork-on-my-CXN-and-Connect-app.

To embed the cover art, you will need a Tag editor, e.g. mp3tag, which despite the name will also tag other file formats such as FLAC and WAV.
It also supports updating a library of audio files in a single step known as batch processing which is something you may need.
There is no need to embed the artwork (you might do it).
Adding a folder as mentioned before will do the trick.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2019, 20:04
thx folks, I may have to wait on some help with this. I have copied the replies and I'm hopeful I will get this done. I appreciate the replies.
30-07-2019, 21:34
(30-07-2019 20:04)Fess2709 Wrote:  thx folks, I may have to wait on some help with this. I have copied the replies and I'm hopeful I will get this done. I appreciate the replies.
You are almost there.
I don't know where or how your album art is stored, but if if you drag a picture into the folder where your tracks are stored and call this Folder or Cover and perform a rescan, this picture should show up in the CA Connect app. It should look something like this    
07-08-2019, 18:20
(29-07-2019 22:03)Alandbush Wrote:  
(29-07-2019 18:00)Fess2709 Wrote:  All is working great other than not being able to view any album artwork. I am using the "Cambridge Connect" App. If it means anything I see MP3 or M4A displayed, Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

I am assuming that the content of the following link is still valid.

Why-can-t-I-see-album-artwork-on-my-CXN-and-Connect-app.

To embed the cover art, you will need a Tag editor, e.g. mp3tag, which despite the name will also tag other file formats such as FLAC and WAV.
It also supports updating a library of audio files in a single step known as batch processing which is something you may need.
07-08-2019, 18:24
Thanks Alandbbush, I did download Mp3tag but am unsure how to use it. I am not very proficient with a computer. I am so frustrated at this right now. I also tried MediaMonkey and am aware that a lot of my trouble may be user error. I will try and stick with it as once set up I'll be good. Without the artwork it is very tough to navigate around on Minimserver and I would end up just using it for radio.
07-08-2019, 22:39
(07-08-2019 18:24)Fess2709 Wrote:  Thanks Alandbbush, I did download Mp3tag but am unsure how to use it. I am not very proficient with a computer. I am so frustrated at this right now. I also tried MediaMonkey and am aware that a lot of my trouble may be user error. I will try and stick with it as once set up I'll be good. Without the artwork it is very tough to navigate around on Minimserver and I would end up just using it for radio.

I have never used mp3tag but it may require a relatively proficient pc knowledge.

MediaMonkey has a dedicated help page at this link. Looks fairly straightforward to follow, especially the final option, but it appears to be one album at a time.

Peter StreamMagic detailed how you could find cover/album/folder files. So, how many albums need the images? Will MediaMonkey work for you.

Alternatively, for large album art updates, the six software programs listed here Free Cover Art Downloaders for Your Digital Music would be useful.
However, they may require a similar level of pc knowledge as mp3tag.
08-08-2019, 08:50
Another option for automated download of album covers is SongKong (see this page).
08-08-2019, 11:40
(08-08-2019 08:50)simoncn Wrote:  Another option for automated download of album covers is SongKong (see this page).

Of course, remiss of me not to mention SongKong.

Found this very informative step by step SongKong link on Finding and adding artwork to audio files.
12-08-2019, 15:00
(20-07-2019 21:16)Alandbush Wrote:  Actually, perhaps more important than the name is the programs’ location.

@Fess2709: instead of following the instructions for the second part do the following:-

1. Select the Start icon (bottom left corner)
2. From the program list, scroll to and select the MinimServer folder
3. From the expanded folder, right click the MinimServer entry; select More; select Open file location
4. From the Windows explorer window, right click the MinimServer shortcut and select Open with...

Thanks Alandbush. Still having trouble displaying artwork and am relooking at it for 1 more attempt. Question?, after step 4 above, I select stay with "Java™Platform SE binary. Does that seem correct? Thanks again
12-08-2019, 20:56
(12-08-2019 15:00)Fess2709 Wrote:  Thanks Alandbush. Still having trouble displaying artwork and am relooking at it for 1 more attempt. Question?, after step 4 above, I select stay with "Java™Platform SE binary. Does that seem correct? Thanks again

That is correct.

In future, you do not need to open/start MinimServer using this method.
The software will continue to use Java Platform SE binary, if you open/start MinimServer as you do any other Windows software.

Btw - which software have you decided to use to add/update your artwork?