Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch app
14-07-2019, 13:39
MinimWatch app
I am totally used to go upstairs, start my PC, do some tagging, add some new music and rescan using MinimWatch.
No problem, I like it this way and sometimes I use the Lumin/Teac app to do a rescan when I forgot to perform this upstairs.
It would be nice though if there was the possibility to perform a rescan with a MinimWatch app installed on the users tablet.
Is this easy/difficult to implement or already on the to do list?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2019, 13:56 (This post was last modified: 14-07-2019 14:20 by BlueDog.)
RE: MinimWatch app
Why not just point your tablet's browser at http://<nas-ip>:9790 and tap the Rescan button?
14-07-2019, 14:19
(14-07-2019 13:56)BlueDog Wrote:  Why not just point your tablet's browser at http://<nas-ip>:9790 and tap the Rescan button?
This is a typical example of, how to do it, when you know how it works.
No problem with that, but is it not user friendly.
It is just a idea, I see some people have difficulties with using MinimServer/Minimwatch in general.
The MinimWatch app should provide all facilities now possible to perform on the PC/Mac, not just a rescan function.
And again it is just a idea, I personally are happy the way things are!!
14-07-2019, 15:19
It is much easier to improve the web page than to create a MinimWatch app for iOS and Android. In what ways is the web page not user-friendly?
14-07-2019, 15:57 (This post was last modified: 14-07-2019 18:36 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(14-07-2019 15:19)simoncn Wrote:  It is much easier to improve the web page than to create a MinimWatch app for iOS and Android. In what ways is the web page not user-friendly?
I am not complaining about the user-friendliness of the webpage.
It might do with a little more examples, but it is ok.
MinimServer offers a lot of possibilities and this ads complexity.
Nothing wrong with that, just a fact of life.
It was just an idea to create a MinimWatch app to help people having difficulties with digital media in general.
If it is difficult/a lot of work to develop such an app, please don't bother, I am perfectly satisfied the way things are!
15-07-2019, 05:35 (This post was last modified: 15-07-2019 12:19 by steamfan.)
(14-07-2019 15:19)simoncn Wrote:  It is much easier to improve the web page than to create a MinimWatch app for iOS and Android. In what ways is the web page not user-friendly?

I‘m not sure if „user friendly“ is the correct term. I think that the users expectation is different. MinimServer provides a minimalistic and fast user interface, but the user expects a more graphical interface (maybe you could call it also more „app-like“, e.g. as pi-hole has its dashboard, see

[Image: dashboard.png]).

Kind regards
steamfan