Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doing Rescan's ???
13-07-2019, 09:37
Doing Rescan's ???
Hello,

are rescans done drom my Synology site and if yes, how do I do this and how often can I do it. I'm betting with the size of my music library this will take a long time to do. Reason is I am up converting files like crazy as my new player can handlle it and I'm just wanting to do this with a ton of my music. Thanks and I am still learning the ropes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2019, 10:59
RE: Doing Rescan's ???
(13-07-2019 09:37)tophatjohnny1 Wrote:  Hello,

are rescans done drom my Synology site and if yes, how do I do this and how often can I do it. I'm betting with the size of my music library this will take a long time to do. Reason is I am up converting files like crazy as my new player can handlle it and I'm just wanting to do this with a ton of my music. Thanks and I am still learning the ropes.

Personally, I perform rescans using Minimwatch installed on a Windows PC.
Any audio files which are new or have been modified are identified and ‘added’. Rescans can be performed as often as you like but perhaps not while changing the Music directory.

See this section in the User guide.

It is also possible to rescan from within the iOS Lumin control app should you have it installed.
13-07-2019, 10:59
For information on how to do a rescan, see this post. You should do a rescan after making a batch of changes to your library that you want to see in MininServer.
13-07-2019, 13:46 (This post was last modified: 13-07-2019 14:47 by tophatjohnny1.)
(13-07-2019 10:59)simoncn Wrote:  For information on how to do a rescan, see this post. You should do a rescan after making a batch of changes to your library that you want to see in MininServer.

That's all fine for telling someoe what to do, for I can't see the how to do the rescan. Told ya I'm horrible, but wanting to learn and no I don't have a lumin app. nor a lumin product. I use the Auralic brand and the lightning ds app and it sees the MinimServer. I am just not swift at the computer. I will learn but hope someone will walk me through this rescan step by step. If not I will reindex my NAS but man...that ties my program up for 24 hours!!
13-07-2019, 14:33
(13-07-2019 13:46)tophatjohnny1 Wrote:  
(13-07-2019 10:59)simoncn Wrote:  For information on how to do a rescan, see this post. You should do a rescan after making a batch of changes to your library that you want to see in MininServer.

That's all fine for telling someoe what to do, for I can't see the how to do the rescan. Told ya I'm horrible, but wanting to learn and no I don't have a lumin app. nor a lumin product. I use the Auralic brand and the lightning ds app and it sees the MinimServer. I am just not swift at the computer. I will learn but hope someone will walk me through this rescan step by step. If not I will reindex my NAS but man...that ties my pprogram up for 24 hours!!

Have you installed MinimWatch on your computer?
13-07-2019, 14:56
(13-07-2019 14:33)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  

That's all fine for telling someoe what to do, for I can't see the how to do the rescan. Told ya I'm horrible, but wanting to learn and no I don't have a lumin app. nor a lumin product. I use the Auralic brand and the lightning ds app and it sees the MinimServer. I am just not swift at the computer. I will learn but hope someone will walk me through this rescan step by step. If not I will reindex my NAS but man...that ties my pprogram up for 24 hours!!

Yes, I just can't figure out how to rescan my library. Not easy for me.
13-07-2019, 15:06
(13-07-2019 14:56)tophatjohnny1 Wrote:  

Right click on the MinimWatch icon and then select rescan.    
13-07-2019, 17:55
(13-07-2019 15:06)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  

I'm sorry. I thought I read that you asked me if I installed MinimServer not the watch. It wont seem to let me download the watch??
13-07-2019, 17:57
(13-07-2019 17:55)tophatjohnny1 Wrote:  
(13-07-2019 15:06)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(13-07-2019 13:46)tophatjohnny1 Wrote:  That's all fine for telling someoe what to do, for I can't see the how to do the rescan. Told ya I'm horrible, but wanting to learn and no I don't have a lumin app. nor a lumin product. I use the Auralic brand and the lightning ds app and it sees the MinimServer. I am just not swift at the computer. I will learn but hope someone will walk me through this rescan step by step. If not I will reindex my NAS but man...that ties my pprogram up for 24 hours!!

Dang this stuff ain't easy for me

I'm sorry. I thought I read that you asked me if I installed MinimServer not the watch. It wont seem to let me download the watch??
13-07-2019, 17:59
When I try to download Minimwatch it tells me The File was not found