Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convolution and Upsampling
27-07-2019, 16:24
RE: Convolution and Upsampling
Hi Simon,

I can hear a difference between convolution variants 44k or 352k.
The convolution with 352k has from my point of view advantages ;-)
It's too early to conclude. I would like to verify my first impressions.

Thank you very much for your support.

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2019, 18:09
Thanks for letting me know. Adding support for this is not simple and it will not happen in the near future. I have added it to my list of features to be investigated for inclusion in a future version of MinimStreamer.
18-07-2020, 16:06
(11-07-2019 09:30)simoncn Wrote:  You need to create an FFmpeg filtergraph using the following syntax:

convOut=-i /share/ConvolutionFiles/Cor1S*.wav -lavfi afir=gtype=gn[2];[2]aresample=resampler=soxr:precision=32

This sends the output of the afir filter to an internal FFmpeg stream [2], which is then used as the input to the aresample filter.

Hello simoncn,

In addition to the convolution filter and SoX resampling, I would like to apply ReplayGain(volume=replaygain=album).
Could you please tell me the syntax in that case?
18-07-2020, 20:00
Try this:

convOut=-i /share/ConvolutionFiles/Cor1S*.wav -lavfi afir=gtype=gn[2];[2]volume=replaygain=track,aresample=resampler=soxr:precision=32
21-07-2020, 04:27
(18-07-2020 20:00)simoncn Wrote:  Try this:

convOut=-i /share/ConvolutionFiles/Cor1S*.wav -lavfi afir=gtype=gn[2];[2]volume=replaygain=track,aresample=resampler=soxr:precision=32

Unfortunately that syntax gives an incorrect error.
Note: I use MinimServer 2.

Code:
convOut=-i /Users/home/Library/MinimServer/filters/conv48.wav -lavfi afir=gtype=gn[2];[2]volume=replaygain=album,aresample=resampler=soxr:precision=32

21-07-2020, 09:31
My apologies. The -lavfi option value string contains a comma, so it needs to be quoted:

convOut=-i /share/ConvolutionFiles/Cor1S*.wav -lavfi "afir=gtype=gn[2];[2]volume=replaygain=album,aresample=resampler=soxr:precision=32"
21-07-2020, 13:18
(21-07-2020 09:31)simoncn Wrote:  My apologies. The -lavfi option value string contains a comma, so it needs to be quoted:

convOut=-i /share/ConvolutionFiles/Cor1S*.wav -lavfi "afir=gtype=gn[2];[2]volume=replaygain=album,aresample=resampler=soxr:precision=32"

Thank you for your response.
That syntax is not an error, but unfortunately ReplayGain does not work correctly.
I got the hint from your syntax and tried some syntax.
And I found a syntax where both the convolution filter and ReplayGain worked correctly. it's below.

Note: afir=gtype=gn option must appear at the end of all options.
Code:
convOut=-i /Users/home/Library/MinimServer/filters/conv48.wav -lavfi "volume=replaygain=album,aresample=resampler=soxr:precision=32,afir=gtype=gn"

Please let me know what you think, if anything is wrong with this syntax.
21-07-2020, 13:32
Your syntax is applying replay gain before applying convolution. I don't see any problem with that.

It could be that replay gain needs to be applied first because it reads replay gain tags from the file and this tag information might be removed by the convolution step.
21-07-2020, 13:56
(21-07-2020 13:32)simoncn Wrote:  Your syntax is applying replay gain before applying convolution. I don't see any problem with that.

It could be that replay gain needs to be applied first because it reads replay gain tags from the file and this tag information might be removed by the convolution step.

With your explanation, I understand why ReplayGain works with the syntax I describe.
Thank you very much.
17-02-2022, 17:08
[/quote]

Do you know if it does make a difference if replay gain is applied after other convolution filters (in my case 'equalizer')?