Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(folder view)
21-06-2019, 14:23
(folder view)
Dear Minim Server

I am delighted to have found you and use you with a QNAP NAS box where I store over 3000 cds, and also video.

My private classification is into alphabetic folders for Composers and then albums for works.

Minim deals with folders but is there a way to improve the presentation of the folder choice? "(folders)" is a bit of an afterthought?!

perhaps this is something I can edit myself but as an amateur I do not know how!

regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2019, 07:49
RE: (folder view)
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

MinimServer is designed for browsing by tags and the user interface reflects this. If you only want to browse by folders, you can set the indexTags property to 'none' and this will remove the tag selections from the menu.

It is not possible to change [folder view] to something else. There have been previous requests for this and it is on my list of requested features for a future version of MinimServer.
25-06-2019, 10:44
For me, the folder view is by far the preferred way to use Minimserver. This way my music is presented depending on how I organize the folders on the drive.

It's also very easy to add artist and album art in each folder which are shown while browsing the music.

Claus
02-05-2020, 12:30
Sorry for overtaking this thread but didnt want to open a new thread for "folder view" Smile
Installed Minim server on my Synology DS220j and it works great (version 0.8) for DSM.
I play music through HEOS app, all my music is FLAC sorted out in mp3tag app.
Now, in my folder view when i open any album songs are sorted alphabetically.
When i was using Synology Audio Station and its dlna for music songs in album on folder view were sorted by track number.
I searched in the forum but couldn't find what is the procedure to enable sorting songs in folder view by track number for Minim trough Minimwatch app.
I have track number in both file name and in track properties + with leading zerros (01,02,03....10,11,12).
Any advice is really appreciated.
02-05-2020, 13:08
MinimServer sorts files in folder view first by album (if the folder contains tracks from multiple albums) and then by track number within an album. If the HEOS app is showing you something different, it might be changing the sort order of the list sent by MinimServer. To confirm whether this is the problem, try using a different control point app such as BubbleUPnP or mConnect.
02-05-2020, 13:34
(02-05-2020 12:30)9800pro Wrote:  I play music through HEOS app, all my music is FLAC sorted out in mp3tag app.
Now, in my folder view when i open any album songs are sorted alphabetically.

A quick search of t'internet suggests the Denon HEOS app sorts tracks by the Title tag. Huh
Mind you, some of the results are many years old so changes may have been made since. Perhaps there is an option to change the sort order?
02-05-2020, 18:24
Thx both for answers, it seems HEOS is to blame.
mConnect shows "folder view" while HEOS has "browse folders" and its not by track number.
Will try contacting them but don't hold your breath over that one...
Funny thing, while in Browse Folder and in the album folder i have >>Tag View option.
Under that one is same album again and in that sub-folder tracks are sorted by track number.

Just a quick one, is it possible to have in Album view sorted by Artist/Album or at least try to see will HEOS show it like that?
02-05-2020, 19:57
See this section for details of how to use the sortTags option to change the sort order of the MinimServer "albums" list. There is no guarantee that the HEOS app will respect this sort order but you should be able to use mConnect to see what sort order MinimServer is sending.