Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random interruptions
07-06-2019, 10:59
Random interruptions
Twice this morning already and several times two days ago, Minimserver has stopped serving music for no apparent reason. Cross-checking: different upnp serving software does not produce the same problem.

Equipment: iMac running Mojave, dCS Mosaic app (updated this morning), Orange (France) fiberoptic box
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2019, 14:43
RE: Random interruptions
Please open the MinimServer log window, set the logging level to Debug and leave the log window open. When the problem occurs, click 'Save as' in the log window to save the most recent log messages to a log file.
08-06-2019, 10:13
It has happened again - short dropout this time.
The file my Mac saves does not seem to be allowed by the forum software... and there is no choice of file format when I try to save the log
08-06-2019, 11:16
The MinimServer 'Save as' dialog for saving a log file allows you to enter any filename and filetype for the saved file.

In addition, before posting a log file to the forum, you should compress it to a zip file. You can do this from Finder. This makes the file much smaller and also avoids any issues with the original filetype not being acceptable to the forum.
08-06-2019, 11:35
OK trying to zip... It worked.

The incident happened around about 11:00 give or take ten. Drop out in the middle of a track.

But in my iOS-up-to-date Mac there is no option to choose file type when going into "save as" from the log window...

Attached File(s)
.zip  uncl nigel.zip (Size: 62.48 KB / Downloads: 1)
08-06-2019, 11:51
(08-06-2019 11:35)uncl_nigel Wrote:  OK trying to zip... It worked.

The incident happened around about 11:00 give or take ten. Drop out in the middle of a track.

But in my iOS-up-to-date Mac there is no option to choose file type when going into "save as" from the log window...

You just type filename.filetype into the box labelled Save as. This works on my macOS Mojave Mac. No need to change the File Format selector.
08-06-2019, 12:01
I see a problem at 10:52:18 while playing the track "04 Alan Parsons Project, The - One More River.wav". The renderer closed the network connection part way through streaming this file, then opened a new connection to resume streaming at 10:52:19. This might be caused by a network issue or something in the renderer. It is not caused by MinimServer.
08-06-2019, 12:06 (This post was last modified: 08-06-2019 12:14 by uncl_nigel.)
That was the track

Now it has stopped completely and won(t restart from the Playqueue menu

try looking around 12:50 onwards (I was eating at the time so not quite precise with time) partway through Vollenveider

I had to insist rather a lot to get Minimserver to give me music again

Attached File(s)
.zip  uncl nigel 2.zip (Size: 59.58 KB / Downloads: 1)
08-06-2019, 12:17
PS

If it is network issues I am rather surprised it has has not happened with the other two upnp software packs on the Mac

And before you ask ;-) I have checked the physical integrity of all the ethernet cables (no powertlink devices, no wifi involved either)
08-06-2019, 12:18
This log shows a number of tracks from Vollenweider that were streamed to completion. The last of these was "10 Andreas Vollenweider - Trilogy, At the White Magic Gardens, the White Winds.wav" and this finished streaming at 12:43:50. After this, there is some browsing activity and no more streaming requests from the renderer.