Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem getting transcoding to work
23-05-2019, 15:26
Problem getting transcoding to work
Hi folks

I am using MinimServer 0.8.5.4 update 128 and MinimStreamer 0.7.12, I have made the assumption that with this version I can do transcoding without installing additional files from ffmpeg since I have installed the package ffmpeg-4.1-melco-0.1 and the stream.converter in System reads: libext/*/ffmpeg.
If my assumption is correct, can someone help me understand why this entry in stream.transcode doesn't do anything: mp3:wav24, flac(16;44):wav24;96. I have restarted Minimserver and rebooted Melco with no change in the front panel reading on neither the N1 nor my DAC (Marantz NA11S1). Thanks in advance for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2019, 19:30
RE: Problem getting transcoding to work
(23-05-2019 15:26)spenav Wrote:  Hi folks

I am using MinimServer 0.8.5.4 update 128 and MinimStreamer 0.7.12, I have made the assumption that with this version I can do transcoding without installing additional files from ffmpeg since I have installed the package ffmpeg-4.1-melco-0.1 and the stream.converter in System reads: libext/*/ffmpeg.
If my assumption is correct, can someone help me understand why this entry in stream.transcode doesn't do anything: mp3:wav24, flac(16;44):wav24;96. I have restarted Minimserver and rebooted Melco with no change in the front panel reading on neither the N1 nor my DAC (Marantz NA11S1). Thanks in advance for the help.
I guess my assumption was correct. For some reason it starts working now. Don't know why it didn't right away.
23-05-2019, 20:12
After making changes to stream.transcode, you need to refresh the control point's view of the files being streamed. This is because the transcode setting is encoded as part of the server URL for the file. How to do this refresh depends on which control point you are using. With most control points, going up one level in the container hierarchy and down again will do it. On a few control points, you need to perform an explicit reload action. Which control point are you using?
24-05-2019, 01:06
(23-05-2019 20:12)simoncn Wrote:  After making changes to stream.transcode, you need to refresh the control point's view of the files being streamed. This is because the transcode setting is encoded as part of the server URL for the file. How to do this refresh depends on which control point you are using. With most control points, going up one level in the container hierarchy and down again will do it. On a few control points, you need to perform an explicit reload action. Which control point are you using?

Thanks Simon. This is definitely what happened.