Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lumin app loses connection to minim or linn ds
21-06-2019, 21:42
RE: lumin app loses connection to minim or linn ds
Maybe someone with better English skills can add some information to this thread? Wink
https://www.audioshark.org/lumin-169/lum...16671.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2019, 20:27
from the aufioshark forum: if you have problems with the lumin app try the teac app. This is working fine here.
01-07-2019, 08:53 (This post was last modified: 04-07-2019 11:03 by bbill.)
(30-06-2019 20:27)tarnkappe Wrote:  from the aufioshark forum: if you have problems with the lumin app try the teac app. This is working fine here.
yes, as far as I understand ?? the 2 solutions :
- MinimServer + iPad Esoteric (Teac) Lumin version
- another server (f ex Synology Multimedia Server) + iPad Lumin app
maybe the next Lumin app (& MinimServer ?) update will clear up a problem ??
04-07-2019, 01:13
I am using TEAC app now, it works perfect, just as Lumin did before they messed it up.

dCS Vivaldi One + Vivaldi Clock
Pass Labs XP32 Preamp
Pass Labs XA60 Monoblocks
Sonus Faber Serafino Homage
06-07-2019, 10:52
I have installed the TEAC control software - obviously an adapted version of Lumin - very similar. But so far it has worked fine!

Interesting that the notes say that is designed to go with Minimserver!! And that if you don't use Minimserver not all the features may work &c.

Any one else using the Teac regularly now?? I have also flagged this up on the WAM Linn forum.

Donuk beautiful downtown York.
10-07-2019, 21:08
I have been away but now back and tried the Teac app. Although LUMIN was working for me, the Teac app seems more responsive and I also like the subtle colour changes around time playing and volume.

Thanks for highlighting this app
11-07-2019, 17:10
Teac seems to be a pretty old version of Lumin. Fonts look much larger and not very elegant. Not to mention that totally whacky App icon....
11-07-2019, 18:02
The Teac app has the older presentation and saving of playlists, which I prefer.... I still have to sometimes close and reopen this app when it fails to find the streamer. But I love using it. I can't help feeling that Linn should have bought this in ages ago, put a couple of tweaks on it and saved themselves and us thousands of hours trying to evolve Kazoo and this new white thing......
12-07-2019, 19:48 (This post was last modified: 12-07-2019 19:50 by bbrip.)
I‘ve given up on Linn Control Points a long time ago. Signed up for that white thing beta out of interest. There are maybe 2 contributing beta testers... That thing is going nowhere.

The next time I invest in a streamer it will be Lumin.
14-07-2019, 13:16
(12-07-2019 19:48)bbrip Wrote:  I‘ve given up on Linn Control Points a long time ago. Signed up for that white thing beta out of interest. There are maybe 2 contributing beta testers... That thing is going nowhere.

The next time I invest in a streamer it will be Lumin.

If you are using your Linn streamer also as a digital pre-amp there is no choice than to use a Linn app.
No way to select phono/HDMI or other inputs with the Lumin/Teac app!
I occasional use the Lumin/Teac app and find it a bit overrated.
I specially like the way you can easily enlarge your artwork etc., I like the dark /light mode and the facility to do a MinimServer rescan.
I dislike the old-fashioned and a bit messy appearance and the fact it adds artwork to maps/folders where it IMHO shouldn't do this. (Or at least give the user the choice select this feature).
Also volume-control is far better when using the Kazoo app.

About the white thing ..... you are probably right.
I also signed up out of interest and noticed Linn is not very interested in peoples opinion about the lack of readability, small artwork, no grit /list selection etc. etc., probably the reason why so few Beta testers are active.
If your only task is to debug software..... it might be not worth to spend your valuable time on!
One improvement in this app though, editing the queue (playlist) is much easier!