Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to view albums within playlist?
29-04-2019, 14:39
Possible to view albums within playlist?
Dear all,
Is it possible to view albums comprised in a playlist? Currently all I can reach is to view a playlist as the list of tracks that it is.

Presently, minimserver is setup to show albums from any chosen artist, year etc. For example, when I click on a year, I get a list of all albums from that year. Similarly, when I chose an artist, I get a list of all albums from that artist.

If possible at all, It would be wonderful to see all albums from a subsection that is defined by a playlist. So when choosing a playlist, all albums comprised therein would be presented. More or less like in iTunes (when viewing a playlist with 'view' set to 'album').
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2019, 15:18
RE: Possible to view albums within playlist?
I think it depends on the controller you are using??
03-05-2019, 06:45 (This post was last modified: 03-05-2019 06:52 by simoncn.)
Linn Kinsky automatically combines consecutive tracks into albums when showing its playing queue. MinimServer could do something like this for .m3u playlists but I'm not sure whether all control points would be able to handle an album within a playlist, as FransZappa said.
08-05-2019, 10:23
Thank you for your suggestions. I will try other control points and wee how they behave. Would have been great with a server side solution as the app from naim that I use can control the rest of the electronics as well.
Thanks again.