Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem wiith the definition of a new content directory
27-03-2019, 15:14
Problem wiith the definition of a new content directory
I use a TS-453A QNAP NAS. As shown in the following screenshot, all I have stored on
the server is in a directory called NAS (attachment 1)    
The subdirectory "11 -HQ MUSIC FILES" contains all the relevant audio files. If I copy this subdirectory within Multimedia, which is the default path for MinimServer, everything works just fine. However, when I try to readdress the search to the NAS directory following the instructions to do so, I get an error message (attachment 2)    
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for helping
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2019, 22:23
RE: Problem wiith the definition of a new content directory
The 'home' folder that you see in File Station isn't a real folder. It is a shortcut to /share/homes/user-name where user-name is the user name that you have used to login to QTS. For example, if you are logged in as the user 'admin', you should specify /share/homes/admin/NAS in the contentDir field.
28-03-2019, 00:52
(27-03-2019 22:23)simoncn Wrote:  The 'home' folder that you see in File Station isn't a real folder. It is a shortcut to /share/homes/user-name where user-name is the user name that you have used to login to QTS. For example, if you are logged in as the user 'admin', you should specify /share/homes/admin/NAS in the contentDir field.

Thank you Simoncn, your answer has solved the problem. Perhaps I can use a bit more of your patience by asking a further question. Because the only subdirectory within NAS that I'm interested to scan is the one named 11 - HQ MUSIC FILES, would it not be less time consuming to define more precisely the target content directory by entering the string /share/homes/admin/NAS/11 - HQ MUSIC FILES?
Thanks again,
Paolo
28-03-2019, 09:13
Yes, a more precise specification would be more efficient.
29-03-2019, 00:24
(28-03-2019 09:13)simoncn Wrote:  Yes, a more precise specification would be more efficient.

Thank you again