Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAC 96kHz sampling rate and time length misreported
09-03-2019, 10:27
AAC 96kHz sampling rate and time length misreported
Playing AAC 96kHz content, sampling rate showing in Control Point's now-playing screen is 30.464kHz and the track length indicated is about 3-times longer.
An example .m4a file can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uyVSJCu...sp=sharing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2019, 20:17
RE: AAC 96kHz sampling rate and time length misreported
Thanks for making this file available. I have confirmed the problem. The sample rate is written to the file in multiple places and it is correct in some of these places and incorrect in others. MinimServer is reading this information from a place that has the incorrect value.

I will need to do some research and experimentation to find the best approach for disregarding the incorrect value without causing a problem with other files.
10-03-2019, 19:32
(09-03-2019 20:17)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for making this file available. I have confirmed the problem. The sample rate is written to the file in multiple places and it is correct in some of these places and incorrect in others. MinimServer is reading this information from a place that has the incorrect value.

I will need to do some research and experimentation to find the best approach for disregarding the incorrect value without causing a problem with other files.

Another one converted with Nero AAC Codec:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wvJ0rqh...sp=sharing
10-03-2019, 21:55
Thanks, this is helpful as it shows a problem with one of the two locations that were correct in the previous file.