Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Figuring out Errors and Warnings in MinimServer Log
26-02-2019, 13:13
Figuring out Errors and Warnings in MinimServer Log
I ripped and tagged my Classical collection with the MUSICHI suite and am very happy with the scheme proposed and in particular with the Composer and Composition lists which are part of the suite and whose use brings consistent tagging.

When I got a QNAP NAS, I moved the Music store to the NAS and was happy to discover the MinimServer which was already installed. I discovered how to set up the music as an UPnP system with an android tablet running BubbleUPnP as the Control Point. It seemed just to work with a minimum investment in configuring properties. I never really looked a the Log.

I recently saw that support for (Digital?) Booklets had been added which is a feature I had been dreaming about and have that working. When ripping, I tended to ignore booklets as they could not be viewed on the system. Now, I shall go back and add more booklets.

I have looked more closely at the Browser listings and the Log. I found some errors which I was happy to correct. But there are others for which I would like to request assistance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2019, 13:21
RE: Figuring out Errors and Warnings in MinimServer Log
"Error: group contains tracks that aren't consecutive: Part I in album Bach: Complete Cantatas......"

I used the GROUPING tag from MUSICHI to indicate Acts from Oratorios and Cantatas. I aliased it to the GROUP of MinimServer. I get an error when an Act starts on one disc of the Multidisc Album and continues on the succeeding disc which is common. I see in the documentation that MInimServer does not allow this.

Why?

Is there a way to change the MininServer behaviour? I suppose i could just remove the GROUPING:GROUP alias?
26-02-2019, 13:27
Following MUSICHI, all music is tagged with the multi-entry ALBUMARTISTS tag. A very few downloaded CDs are also tagged with the ALBUMARTIST tag. The ALBUMARTIST Tag sometimes changes value in a Album which brings a WARING

Warning: conflicting ALBUMARTIST values ignored for album Var?se: Complete Works; Chailly
Mon Feb 25 17:42:01 on disc 2
Mon Feb 25 17:42:01 first conflicting value: Delunsch, Mireille [Soprano]\nKerdoncuff, Fran?ois [Piano]
Mon Feb 25 17:42:01 first conflicting item: Un Grand Sommeil Noir original version
Mon Feb 25 17:42:01 second conflicting value: Asko Ensemble\nChailly, Riccardo [Conductor]
Mon Feb 25 17:42:01 second conflicting item: Offrandes - I Chanson de l?-haut

I have not put ALBUMARTIST in the indexTags/itemTag lists

How do I tell MinimServer to ignore ALBUMARTIST entirely?
26-02-2019, 18:37
And one more question:

I get a lot of warnings of the form

Warning: ID3v2 TCON frame has non-numeric genre index 03.07 at offset 20377 in file........

This only appeared when I made another change

All my GENRE tags are of such a form from MUSICHI. Why is there a problem in the MP3 files with the TCON tag
27-02-2019, 23:09
(26-02-2019 13:21)LXXLXX Wrote:  "Error: group contains tracks that aren't consecutive: Part I in album Bach: Complete Cantatas......"

I used the GROUPING tag from MUSICHI to indicate Acts from Oratorios and Cantatas. I aliased it to the GROUP of MinimServer. I get an error when an Act starts on one disc of the Multidisc Album and continues on the succeeding disc which is common. I see in the documentation that MInimServer does not allow this.

Why?

Is there a way to change the MininServer behaviour? I suppose i could just remove the GROUPING:GROUP alias?

The GROUP tag is treated specialy by MinimServer. It is used to combine multiple files into a single item when you are browsing your library. If the discs of the album are shown separately, this single grouped item has to appear as part of one disc or the other.

An alternative would be for MinimServer to create two separate groups in this situation (one group for each of the discs involved) and not report an error. As many users find the current behaviour surprising, it is likely that I will make this change soon.

For now, you can solve the problem by removing the GROUPING:GROUP alias.
27-02-2019, 23:10
(26-02-2019 13:27)LXXLXX Wrote:  How do I tell MinimServer to ignore ALBUMARTIST entirely?

In aliasTags, add AlbumArtist:nil.
27-02-2019, 23:13
(26-02-2019 18:37)LXXLXX Wrote:  And one more question:

I get a lot of warnings of the form

Warning: ID3v2 TCON frame has non-numeric genre index 03.07 at offset 20377 in file........

All my GENRE tags are of such a form from MUSICHI. Why is there a problem in the MP3 files with the TCON tag

This means the TCON frame in these files is formatted incorrectly. What was the "other change" that caused these messages to appear?
28-02-2019, 16:34
(26-02-2019 18:37)LXXLXX Wrote:  Warning: ID3v2 TCON frame has non-numeric genre index 03.07 at offset 20377 in file........

I have an idea what might be causing this. MUSICHI might be trying to tag this file with two genres (Dance and Hip-Hop) using the ID3v1 numeric codes for these (03 and 07) separated by a NUL character that is being displayed as a dot in the message.

This format is valid for ID3v2.4 but not for ID3v2.3. If your tags are currently in ID3v2.3 format, can you convert them to ID3v2.4 (perhaps try just one file first as a test) and see if this solves the problem?
28-02-2019, 18:55
Quote:Warning: ID3v2 TCON frame has non-numeric genre index 03.07 at offset 20377 in file........

Quote:This means the TCON frame in these files is formatted incorrectly. What was the "other change" that caused these messages to appear?

In aliasTag I changed
Grouping:Group, CDNUMBER:DISCNUMBER, Organization:Label
to
Grouping:Group, CDNUMBER:-DISCNUMBER, Organization:-Label

MusiCHI uses CDNUMBER and all my albums where tagged uing it. But some downloaded albums had the DISCNUMBER tag with strange values. This lead to many WARNING notifications. Then I discovered how to use the Properities to avoid this problem. Can't see what this has to do with the Genre Tag

I'll look further into the Genre tag issue in accordance with you suggestions.
28-02-2019, 19:36
Regarding Genre tagging for MP3s. MusiCHI states that it uses ID3v2 tags.

How can I see if it ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4?

What tagging tools would allow me to view all Tags for a track and change them in such detail?

I can see that in one of my Kodaly albums in MP3 format, a track which I tagged in MusiCHI format with Genre "(06) Sacred" appears as Genre "Grunge" in MinimServer!!!! I can't see "Grunge" in any Tag of the track using the MusiCHI tagger.