Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorrect Track Number being passed to control point
22-02-2019, 11:22
Incorrect Track Number being passed to control point
It seems that if I have a multi-disc album the track numbers are incorrectly passed to the control point.
I chose my contentDir to point to a single album, and when I have a single disc (discnumber = 1) the track numbers displayed correctly in BubbleUPnP, however if I change the disc number of the last x tracks to 2 the track numbers are skewed.
I made sure it wasn't because I pad the track and disc numbers and it still failed.

My example:
A single album with track numbers 1 to 15 and a disc number of 1, displays correctly e.g. [01. track name] to track [15. track name].
If I change the last 6 tracks to disc number 2 and rescan, I see tracks 1-9 and then 19-24. There's no mention of these track numbers from the writeAllTags log, and I can see them being sent through the MinimServer Trace logging.

I've uninstalled MinimServer and removed the previous config just in case something was corrupted, and am using Windows 0.8.5.2 update 128.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2019, 11:39
RE: Incorrect Track Number being passed to control point
This is working as intended. See the second paragraph of this section. If you don't want this disc merging and track renumbering to happen, you can have the discs displayed separately as described in the following paragraphs of the section.
22-02-2019, 15:28
That paragraph isn't at all clear about what's going on, it infer's that tracks are renumbered in sequence (but only because of the example given), but from what I understand now they're actually computed.
The track number of songs on subsequent discs are calculated from the track number of the song itself + the maximum track number of the previous disc. I assume there was a use case for that at some point but it seems an edge case, considering now there's no way to display the tag itself.

I like to keep attributes of the physical media itself (hence disc number) and the order of the songs on the disc, but I prefer to number the tracks sequentially as it's just easier visually. I suppose I could change the numbering to start from 1 on every disc and name the file [discnumber].[tracknumber]...

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
22-02-2019, 21:20
If you don't want tracks to be renumbered, you can use any of the approaches described in the section to prevent this. Is this an option for you?
23-02-2019, 13:18
Unless I'm missing something the only other option is to display them by disc, but that entails corrupting the album name with 'disc x' text. I know I could remove disc number completely but I need that for running CUETools across them for verification (which I do from time to time to make sure nothing has been corrupted).

As much as a like the product there are some strange defaults/limitations, is this because it's trying to work with something like iTunes libraries (never used it so I don't know how they're stored)? Having said that I can't think of a situation where the incorrect renumbering approach would be to simply sort them by disc and track number and then assign them sequentially, or just display what's in the tag itself.
23-02-2019, 18:45
If you don't want to see disc numbers at all for your multi-disc albums, you can set the aliasTags property to DiscNumber:nil and restart MinimServer. This leaves the DISCNUMBER tags in your files but causes MinimServer to disregard them.

The renumbering scheme is intended to handle albums with some tracks missing as well as albums with all tracks present. The gap in numbering indicates a missing track, which can be useful information. The renumbering scheme makes the assumption that each disc has its tracks tagged 1..n which is the usual numbering convention for downloads and ripping programs.

It isn't necessary to "corrupt" the album title to get MinimServer's multiple-disc view. Instead, you can set the DISCSUBTITLE tag.
23-02-2019, 23:22
For a minute there I thought 'DiscNumber:nil' might be the answer, but then it prevents DISCSUBTITLE from showing for those that do exist.

Following the DiscNumber:nil logic I tried something similar with TrackNumber; I set 'TrackNumber:inTN' in aliasTags, put 'inTN' into itemTags and added 'Title.displayFormat={$inTN^^^$title^. ^^}' to tagFormat, which all works, except it doesn't sort by it. Is there any way to sort Title by the tagFormat value?
24-02-2019, 12:16 (This post was last modified: 24-02-2019 12:17 by simoncn.)
The displayFormat setting only affects metadata sent to the control point and can't be used for sorting.

I think the simplest solution is for MinimServer to adjust track numbers on a disc only when any of the tagged track numbers on the disc is less than or equal to any of the track numbers (tagged or adjusted) on previous discs. This would preserve the current behaviour for users with 1..n track numbering on all discs and should also do what you want for your tagging scheme.
24-02-2019, 13:18
If you could do that it would be greatly appreciated.

My tagging scheme is wholly driven around the assumption that it will be delivered by MinimServer, so I was considering renumbering all my files but I'm not aware of a way in foobar to reset track numbers over discs (other than to select the discs individually) so it would have meant a fair bit of work upfront and a change to my workflow.

Thanks again!
25-02-2019, 17:13 (This post was last modified: 25-02-2019 17:14 by paultaylor.)
(24-02-2019 13:18)simbun Wrote:  If you could do that it would be greatly appreciated.

My tagging scheme is wholly driven around the assumption that it will be delivered by MinimServer, so I was considering renumbering all my files but I'm not aware of a way in foobar to reset track numbers over discs (other than to select the discs individually) so it would have meant a fair bit of work upfront and a change to my workflow.

Thanks again!
In your example if you are saying that rather than a single 15 track release it is actually a 2 disc album consisting of Disc 1, 1-9 tracks, Disc 2 10-15 tracks
then you should really fix the trackno field at the same time as modifying the discno field, otherwise your data is somewhat nonsensical since trackno field should always mean tracks on disc not not tracks on release, that just happens to always be the same value on a one disc release. Note there are also Track Total and Disc Total fields available.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user