Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer shows extra "dummy" tracks named as discs
21-02-2019, 08:38 (This post was last modified: 21-02-2019 08:43 by Andrew Lea.)
MinimServer shows extra "dummy" tracks named as discs
I'm using the Naim Control Point with Minim Server running on Synology DS 215j. For one FLAC file I've downloaded (a single album), this now adds an extra track called [no disc] at the beginning of the track listing, and another track called [Disc 1] further on. Some of the tracks are also shown out of sequence.

So far I have set the 'show extras' parameter to 'false' and also retagged / converted the file with dbPoweramp (where the extra "dummy" tracks are not shown in the track listing). Neither of these seem to solve the problem. Do you have any suggestions please?

This problem does not occur using Unitiserve and the Naim Control Point.

Btw it's a regular commercial file (https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/pr...os-nos-1-2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2019, 09:29
RE: MinimServer shows extra "dummy" tracks named as discs
The "extra tracks" are disc section headers that MinimServer adds for a multidisc album. You are seeing these headers because the tracks of this album don't all have the same DISCNUMBER tag.

First, make sure you have the A-Z option disabled in the Naim control point. You should then see:

[no disc]
some tracks with no DISCNUMBER tag
[Disc 1]
some more tracks with DISCNUMBER=1

To fix it, either add a DISCNUMBER=1 tag to the tracks in the first section or remove the DISCNUMBER=1 tags from the tracks in the second section.
21-02-2019, 10:23
RE: MinimServer shows extra "dummy" tracks named as discs
Thanks so much Simon. I found I had to retag all tracks as Disc 1 but now all is as it should be!

I have only just started to use MinimServer seriously since my Naim Unitiserve is in for repair. It's taking me a while to find my way around it but I can see its flexibility is much superior to what I'm used to, especially for classical music. The transcoding FLAC to WAV also works well for a Naim player.

Many thanks again.