Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albums with multiple CDs
29-01-2019, 16:31
Question Albums with multiple CDs
Using BubbleUPnP app, I want to see albums with multiple CDs as one under "Albums". When I use the "folder view", I can see one album, but under "albums" I see duplicate albums. Example:

I have the folder:

Sonny Rollins - Live

Within that folder, I have the following two folders:

CD01
CD02

The files in each folder have the same album tagged. The only difference is the "disk" tag. In CD01 I use 01/02 and in CD02 I use 02/02.

Yet, I still see two albums.

Any idea?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2019, 18:38
RE: Albums with multiple CDs
The rules for merging album discs in different folders are explained in this section. If the album discs have DISCNUMBER tags, the same ALBUM tag value and the same ARTIST/ALBUMARTIST tag value, they will be merged in the "albums" index.

The most likely cause of the problem is that the ARTIST values don't match exactly and you haven't set an ALBUMARTIST tag value.
29-01-2019, 19:04
Solved! I was using the "disc" tag and not "discnumber" as stated. By the way, when using the "discnumber" tag, I used 01 and 02 and not 01/02 and 02/02. Does it make any difference?
29-01-2019, 22:31
It doesn't make any difference because MinimServer ignores anything after the /.
02-02-2019, 07:23
(29-01-2019 19:04)rompolompo Wrote:  Solved! I was using the "disc" tag and not "discnumber" as stated. By the way, when using the "discnumber" tag, I used 01 and 02 and not 01/02 and 02/02. Does it make any difference?

You can use the “DISCTOTAL” tag for the total number of discs.