Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't see music files uploaded to Qnap Nas on minimserver just the original samples
20-03-2013, 23:35
I can't see music files uploaded to Qnap Nas on minimserver just the original samples
I set up my Qnap TS-469L . Im running it connected to my router and can see it in my windows network. My web interface is working. I installed java and minimserver and it shows up green in qpkg.
I see MinimServer 0.63 has been installed in /share/MDO_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer. in my system logs.
Up to that point everything seemed cool.
Where I ran into problems was with "The QPKG installer sets the initial content directory to /share/Multimedia or /share/Qmultimedia.
In my web file manager I could not see a /share/Multimedia folder and when I tried to upload files to the /Multimedia folder none of the aps from my ipad could see the added files. I could only see the sample files that came with qnap server in /Multimedia.
I also have a problem with minimwatch I installed on my pc. The icon is grey even thou minimserver is running on the qnap.

Any input would be helpful. I would suspect I did something wrong or don't know how do view the directories or possibly they are hidden.

Thank You
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 11:20
RE: I can't see music files uploaded to Qnap Nas on minimserver just the original
(20-03-2013 23:35)richard Wrote:  I set up my Qnap TS-469L . Im running it connected to my router and can see it in my windows network. My web interface is working. I installed java and minimserver and it shows up green in qpkg.
I see MinimServer 0.63 has been installed in /share/MDO_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer. in my system logs.
Up to that point everything seemed cool.
Where I ran into problems was with "The QPKG installer sets the initial content directory to /share/Multimedia or /share/Qmultimedia.
In my web file manager I could not see a /share/Multimedia folder and when I tried to upload files to the /Multimedia folder none of the aps from my ipad could see the added files. I could only see the sample files that came with qnap server in /Multimedia.

As far as I know, /Multimedia is a link to /share/Multimedia. I'd be grateful if anyone else with a TS-469L could confirm this.

Can you play the sample files successfully with MinimServer?

After uploading your own files to /Multimedia, do you see your own files as well as the sample files when you look at /Multimedia in the web file manager?

Do your uploaded files have any non-English characters in their filenames or folder names? This can cause files not to be visible in MinimServer if the uploaded filenames aren't encoded as UTF-8.

Quote:I also have a problem with minimwatch I installed on my pc. The icon is grey even thou minimserver is running on the qnap.

The grey icon in MinimWatch might be caused by a setting in the Windows firewall. Please try the following:

1) Disable the Windows firewall
2) Start MinimWatch
3) Reboot the QNAP

The grey minim icon should change to a different colour. Do you see this, or does the icon stay grey?

If the icon changes colour with the Windows firewall disabled but stays grey with with the Windows firewall enabled, this means you need to add an inbound rule for Java in the Windows firewall.

After finishing this test, re-enable the Windows firewall.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply