Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track artists in compilations (Again)
20-03-2013, 20:49
Brick Track artists in compilations (Again)
I've got loads of compilation albums and if I select one from the 'nnnn albums' item the track names are listed, but not the track artists - despite this information being there in the tags.

To me, the ideal would be that the album is displayed in the Album list with the 'Album artist' shown, but when you select the album, each track is then shown with its individual track artists.

What do other think? Is this a possible for a future release?

Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 21:39
RE: Track artists in compilations (Again)
(20-03-2013 20:49)JimR Wrote:  I've got loads of compilation albums and if I select one from the 'nnnn albums' item the track names are listed, but not the track artists - despite this information being there in the tags.

To me, the ideal would be that the album is displayed in the Album list with the 'Album artist' shown, but when you select the album, each track is then shown with its individual track artists.

What do other think? Is this a possible for a future release?

Jim

This should be possible now. Which control point are you using?
21-03-2013, 08:47
Good morning Simon,

I use Chorus DS 99% of the time.

Jim.
21-03-2013, 13:51
(21-03-2013 08:47)JimR Wrote:  Good morning Simon,

I use Chorus DS 99% of the time.

Jim.

This is working fine for me with Kinsky on my iPod. With Chorus DS, I see the problem you're describing. This is caused by Chorus using a different interpretation of the XML data that MinimServer sends to the control point.

I can fix this by adding a custom option to change the XML that MinimServer is sending. This change will be in the next release.
21-03-2013, 15:45
Thank you.
31-03-2013, 21:00
Hi Simon,
first off all, minim is a very very good server. I´m using it instead of the original synology server since a couple of weeks.

Only one "problem" I have: When using a compilation album, there´s no Track artist shown, only the Song name. Using the synology server this problem don´t exists.

I think, it´s the same problem the thread starter has had. I´m using the audionet music manger (android version) as a control point.

Is there any possibilty to make the track artist "visible"?

See you
Mancaino66
31-03-2013, 21:45
(31-03-2013 21:00)manciano66 Wrote:  Hi Simon,
first off all, minim is a very very good server. I´m using it instead of the original synology server since a couple of weeks.

Only one "problem" I have: When using a compilation album, there´s no Track artist shown, only the Song name. Using the synology server this problem don´t exists.

I think, it´s the same problem the thread starter has had. I´m using the audionet music manger (android version) as a control point.

Is there any possibilty to make the track artist "visible"?

See you
Mancaino66

I installed the AudioNet trial version. The change I made to MinimServer that works for Chorus doesn't work for AudioNet. I also tried AudioNet with Twonky as the server, and the track artists weren't visible. It would be very useful to know what data the Synology server is sending to AudioNet to make this work. Would you be able to run tPacketCapture on your Android device to capture the packets?
08-07-2013, 16:06
Hello Simon,

I just installed 0.72 a couple of weeks ago. Great product!

I'm having the same problem as the thread starter. I have loads of compilations (various artists, original soundtracks, etc.). I'm using a Naim NDX with n-stream as the control point.

I have the AlbumArtist tag set to Various Artists or Original Soundtrack and the Artist tag set differently for each title. I also have another tag, Compilation, set to 1. My previous server, Asset, would display the title as Artist - Title in the list of titles when selecting the album and in the Now Playing display.

Thank you.
08-07-2013, 18:21
(08-07-2013 16:06)dan186 Wrote:  Hello Simon,

I just installed 0.72 a couple of weeks ago. Great product!

I'm having the same problem as the thread starter. I have loads of compilations (various artists, original soundtracks, etc.). I'm using a Naim NDX with n-stream as the control point.

I have the AlbumArtist tag set to Various Artists or Original Soundtrack and the Artist tag set differently for each title. I also have another tag, Compilation, set to 1. My previous server, Asset, would display the title as Artist - Title in the list of titles when selecting the album and in the Now Playing display.

Thank you.

From your description, it sounds like this problem isn't exactly the same as the problem reported by the thread starter. You want to change what's in the title, but the thread starter wanted (I think) to change what's in the artist field displayed by the control point.

To change what's in the title, you need to use the tagFormat property. To show the title as "Artist - Title", you can add the setting

Title.displayFormat={$artist^^ - ^$title}

to the tagFormat property. See this section for more details about how to use the tagFormat property.
08-07-2013, 19:38
(21-03-2013 13:51)simoncn Wrote:  This is working fine for me with Kinsky on my iPod. With Chorus DS, I see the problem you're describing. This is caused by Chorus using a different interpretation of the XML data that MinimServer sends to the control point.

I can fix this by adding a custom option to change the XML that MinimServer is sending. This change will be in the next release.

This feature is available in 0.72. To enable it, add the setting

-AlbumArtist.display.artistRole

to the tagCustom property. This will cause all AlbumArtist tag information to be removed from the track data sent to the control point.