Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MinimWatch on MacBook - No visible status?
13-01-2019, 14:57
MinimWatch on MacBook - No visible status?
I have today installed MinimServer on a Synology NAS and that is working fine - I'm listening to music selected through this server option at any rate.

I installed MinimWatch and JAVA on my MacBook, and whilst I can apparently open the app, it is not showing the status minim in the menu bar at the top of the screen, neither is the app listed in the applications folder. I have manually added MinimWatch to the allowed connections in firewall options.

However, I simply cannot tell whether it is running or how to access it to configure MinimServer, and I don't know how to resolve that. I have deleted the app and re-run the download, so I assume it wasn't running if I was allowed to delete it?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2019, 18:02
RE: MinimWatch on MacBook - No visible status?
In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder and enter ~/Library as the folder name. In this folder, open the MinimWatch subfolder. This should contain a file named minimwatch-out.log and possibly a file named minimwatch.log. What do these files contain?
13-01-2019, 20:50 (This post was last modified: 13-01-2019 21:01 by Channell.)
Okay, had a look and there isn't a subfolder called MinimWatch in the folder Library.

(Thanks for replying so promptly and at the weekend btw.)
13-01-2019, 21:35 (This post was last modified: 13-01-2019 21:37 by simoncn.)
Are you sure you are looking in ~/Library rather than Library? If you are looking in ~/Library, are you sure you have followed all the steps in this section? If you didn't follow steps 4, 5 and 6, this could explain the problem. Another thing you can try is to power the MacBook off and on.
13-01-2019, 21:44
Well that's embarrassing: I can't even follow instructions accurately it seems. Blush
Thank you for your help - I now have a minim in the menu bar!