Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"comment tag" as "index tag" only works for mp3
17-12-2018, 21:39
"comment tag" as "index tag" only works for mp3
I am using the "comment" tag as an individual index tag. This works fine with the mp3 format. For FLAC and wave files minim server does not recognize any values.
Any idea how to get this working for all audio formats ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2018, 01:02 (This post was last modified: 18-12-2018 01:04 by simoncn.)
RE: "comment tag" as "index tag" only works for mp3
Which tagging program are you using to write these Comment tags to your FLAC and WAV files?
18-12-2018, 12:22
(18-12-2018 01:02)simoncn Wrote:  Which tagging program are you using to write these Comment tags to your FLAC and WAV files?
It is "audio expert" - I verified the tag data also with media monkey - it is available / visible to media monkey. So I assume the comment tag was properly written into the audio file ?
18-12-2018, 14:59
For WAV files, Media Monkey uses a different tag format than MinimServer (LIST/INFO rather than ID3v2). A Comment tag written in a LIST/INFO chunk would not be read by MinimServer.

This issue doesn't affect FLAC files and I can't think of any reason why MinimServer would not be able read COMMENT tags from these files. I have tried this and it is working for me.
18-12-2018, 15:09
(18-12-2018 14:59)simoncn Wrote:  For WAV files, Media Monkey uses a different tag format than MinimServer (LIST/INFO rather than ID3v2). A Comment tag written in a LIST/INFO chunk would not be read by MinimServer.

This issue doesn't affect FLAC files and I can't think of any reason why MinimServer would not be able read COMMENT tags from these files. I have tried this and it is working for me.
OK - than the other way round - which program can you recommend to fill the comment tag for FLAC ( and Wave) in a way minim server can read it? (I can transform Wave into FLAC but I don like to transform lossless into mp3)
18-12-2018, 16:12 (This post was last modified: 18-12-2018 20:44 by simoncn.)
Any tagging program should be able to write COMMENT tags into FLAC files. This is working for me and I don't understand why you are having a problem. I use dBpoweramp to rip files and Mp3tag to edit tags. Mp3tag should write Comment tags into all file formats in a way that is compatible with MinimServer.
18-12-2018, 20:22
(18-12-2018 16:12)simoncn Wrote:  Any tagging program should be able to write COMMENT tags into FLAC files. This is working for me and I don't understand why you are having a problem. I use dbPoweramp to rip files and Mp3tag to edit tags. Mp3tag should write Comment tags into all file formats in a way that is compatible with MinimServer.
Yes, you are right - Mp3tag is solving the issue. So for whatever reason audio expert was not writing the comment tag properly into the audio file.
Anyway-Mp3tag is working as a solution for me . Thanks y lot !