Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marantz NA7004 & Hi-Res FLAC
27-11-2018, 23:58
RE: Marantz NA7004 & Hi-Res FLAC
(26-11-2018 20:40)simoncn Wrote:  Does this happen when you play a single track or only when one track is played after another?
Thanks for replying.

Both.

(26-11-2018 20:40)simoncn Wrote:  Are you doing transcoding using MinimStreamer?
No. No transcoding -- unless there's some default MinimServer setting I don't know about.

(26-11-2018 20:40)simoncn Wrote:  If you remove update 126 in the Packages tab […], does the problem still occur?
Yes.

More details. The problem doesn't occur with all hi-res FLACs, only with some of them. I don't know what the difference is between those which do and those which don't. However, the issue is consistent within an album, i.e., either all tracks in an album do it, or none does it.

I took two 24/96 FLACs and did a little more testing.

- Removed all tags (MinimServer listed the tracks as "[untagged]"). No difference.

- Converted FLAC to WAV, streamed WAV. The problem did NOT occur with WAV files.

- Converted WAV back to FLAC using xACT. (I suppose it's possible -- but hardly likely -- that the original encoder also used xACT. My version of xACT uses flac v1.3.2.) The problem DID occur again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marantz NA7004 & Hi-Res FLAC - Rasmussen - 27-11-2018 23:58