Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room correction with convolution per sample rate
08-02-2019, 06:41
RE: Room correction with convolution per sample rate
Wow! Thanks for generating a custom ffmpeg build for the Melco.

I followed your instruction and:
  • update MinimServer to minimserver-0.8.5.4, minimserver-0.8-update-128
  • updated MinimStreamer to minimstreamer-0.7.12
  • installed the package ffmpeg-4.1-melco-0.1 package

After restarting MinimServer," System:stream.converter" had the value "libext/*/ffmpeg"

I tested the system with:

Quote:stream.options:
convOut=-i /mnt/disk1/share/MinimServer/convolution/Cor1S*.wav -lavfi afir=gtype=gn

stream.transcode:
flac:wav;, dsf:wav24;352

I tested all sample rates from 16/44.1 to DSDx2. I was curious if the custom ffmpeg for the Melco was more efficient, and could handle 24/352, 24/384, DSD, or DSDx2. All sample rates up to 24/196 worked fine. Unfortunately higher sample rates still had stutter, so no change there.

I ended up with:

Quote:stream.transcode:
flac(<352):wav;

and all seems to work well with the Melco server. No convolution is performed on sample rates above 24/196 (or DSD).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2019, 09:56
Thanks very much for trying this. The custom build is subsetted in functionality (for example, the video encoders and decoders are removed) but there are no changes that would make it more efficient than a full build.
12-12-2022, 20:40
Good evening
Since my question is related to the topic, I add it here to this old thread. I have Minimserver installed on my Melco N100, and I wish to create a profile with convolution filters. These are test filters, if they work I will purchase the real filters for the Raal Sr1a headphone. I run the latest version of Minimserver and have an active full license. Installed packages are: ffmpeg-4.1-melco-2.0, minimjre-14.0.1, minimserver-2.1, minimserver-update-220, minimstreamer-2.0.9
My set of convolution filters is stored on the Melco. When I access the files from my Mac, the directories are n-36a3/Logs/MinimServer/convolution/HF_Rolloff_65536_taps*.wav with
* referring to the different files in this folder for the different frequencies (441, 882, 96 etc.)
Now, I understand that i create a new profile, go to Properties, System and in the stream.options I enter:
convOut=-i /mnt/disk1/share/Logs/MinimServer/convolution/HF_Rolloff_65536_taps*.wav-lavfi afir=gtype=gn
But the entry is not accepted.
Something seems wrong. I would appreciate your help, Simon. Thank you so muzch.
12-12-2022, 20:59
The Logs shared folder is not intended for storing files created by the user. Can you put these files in the /mnt/disk1/share (Internal) shared folder instead?