Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco iOS App
03-11-2018, 17:24
Melco iOS App
Has anyone tried the ‘new’ Melco App? I have to say I’m underwhelmed as it is just a restricted version of MConnect. Control limited to Melco as a streamer (not as a server) and no access to front panel options. At least it is free as not worth buying. After all the wait I am very disappointed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2018, 22:35
RE: Melco iOS App
Thanks for the pointer. I found it on the App Store (no mention on the Melco website) and I have tried it. It doesn't detect my Melco N1 player with the USB-DAC controller set as Mode 1 only (mconnect has the same issue), so I will continue to use Kinsky and BubbleUPnP as control points for now.
05-11-2018, 15:54
(03-11-2018 22:35)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for the pointer. I found it on the App Store (no mention on the Melco website) and I have tried it. It doesn't detect my Melco N1 player with the USB-DAC controller set as Mode 1 only (mconnect has the same issue), so I will continue to use Kinsky and BubbleUPnP as control points for now.

Same for me. It lists ‘MinimServer[Melco N1]” under servers, but when I select it it says “Please connect the Melco compatible device to the network”. It’s on the network, otherwise surely the App wouldn’t see it. Lumin and Kazoo can both access my Melco N1 connected to my DAC.
10-11-2018, 18:36 (This post was last modified: 10-11-2018 18:38 by Donuk.)
Likewise cannot get it to connect.
No doubt a bug to be sorted

donuk sunny downtown York
10-11-2018, 21:00
In my case, this message was caused by having Mode 1 only set for the Melco USB-DAC renderer. The app could not detect this renderer so refused to connect to any server (even a Melco server). If you are using some other renderer such as a Linn DS, you would presumably get the same message.