Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two questions about recording via MinimStreamer
20-10-2018, 10:06
Two questions about recording via MinimStreamer
I rarely make recordings and each time I do I have to remind myself of the procedure from Simon's guide. I usually muddle through, but I would find the process more robust if I had a better grasp of stream IDs and time settings and how they work:

1. I have two radio playlists on one of my NAS: BBC Radio.m3u and BBC Radio DASH.m3u. When I want to listen to BBC Radio 3 via MinimStreamer I choose one of those playlists in my controller (BubbleUPnP, or Volumio, if I'm using the latter as renderer) before then selecting the station. In both playlists the Radio 3 ID is "R3". So when I make a recording by entering the stream ID in MinimServer's stream.record property field, how does MinimServer/Streamer know or decide which playlist to go to?

2. What 'clock' does MinimServer/Streamer use? I live in France so usually the system time on my pc running MinimWatch is set to GMT+1. MinimServer and MinimStreamer are running on a NAS on which I change the system time when I use a VPN. Supposing the NAS was currently registering GMT -4, my desktop was GMT +1 and I wanted to set (via MinimWatch on my desktop) a timed recording for a BBC radio broadcast scheduled for GMT 20.00. What time entry would I use to ensure I caught the programme I was wanting?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2018, 10:40
RE: Two questions about recording via MinimStreamer
When stream IDs were originally introduced, they were required to be unique across all playlists. As stream IDs are only used for recording, this seemed unduly restrictive and the uniqueness requirement was removed.

If you have two streams with the same stream ID R3, one will be read as R3 and the other will be read as R3$1. You can see which stream corresponds to which stream ID by browsng the contents of the two playlists. If the stream URLs are the same for both streams, it doesn't matter which stream ID you specify in the stream.record property.

The start and end times use the clock of the machine on which MinimStreamer is running. If the NAS is on GMT-4, you would need to specify R3+1600 to capture a recording starting at 2000 GMT.
20-10-2018, 11:55
RE: Two questions about recording via MinimStreamer
Very helpful - and many thanks for such a swift reply.