Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Properties error
04-10-2018, 21:00
Properties error
Hi,

Been using Minimserver for a few years and it works extremely well for me. However, recently updated to 8.5.3 on my Synology NAS and now stopped working. The status page says:
Incorrect option name ‘sortValue.ignoreThe’ in property ‘tagOptions’

Assume this means that a property I set years ago is no longer valid in this release. But Minimserver won’t run as a result and Minimwatch can’t see it (coz it isn’t running), so how do I change the property (and what should it be now to ignore ‘The’ in sorting band titles?

Any help most welcome!

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2018, 21:33
RE: Properties error
This changed in version 0.8.5. See the compatibility notes in this section for details.
04-10-2018, 21:43
(04-10-2018 21:33)simoncn Wrote:  This changed in version 0.8.5. See the compatibility notes in this section for details.

Ok thanks - that tells me what to change the properties to but not how to change it - if I can't get to the properties setting in Minimwatch...?
04-10-2018, 21:46
Why can't you get to the properties page in MinimWatch? This error doesn't prevent the MinimWatch properties page from showing. I presume you have MinimWatch installed as you have previously been able to change this property.
04-10-2018, 21:54
Minimwatch is greyed out and I can only see the bottom three menu items - "Options", "Refresh", "Exit".

I presumed that was because Minimserver had stopped - am I incorrect in that?
04-10-2018, 23:04
It's Ok - sorted it out myself.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Minimserver.
Then found Windows firewall was blocking Java in some way stopping Minimwatch working. When that was corrected Minimwatch was back so have lost all my previous settings but at least can play my music again. Will slowly try to work out what settings I had (or which have changed syntax in later versions).
05-10-2018, 07:23
When you uninstall MinimServer on Synology, there is a prompt asking whether you want to save your configuration settings or uninstall MinimServer completely. If you intend to reinstall MinimServer again later, you should choose to save your configuration settings.

Also, uninstalling MinimServer should be a last resort as there are very few situations that require this. You can check whether MinimServer has stopped by clicking the MinimServer icon in the DSM main menu. If the status web page is displayed (even if there is an error message), MinimServer is running. If MinimServer has stopped for some reason, you can restart it from the Package Center without needing to reinstall.