Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimwatch icon not clickable in ubuntu 18.04
20-09-2018, 15:52
minimwatch icon not clickable in ubuntu 18.04
After having migrated to ubuntu 18.04 LTS the minimwatch tray icon can't be clicked to start any action. With 'topicons plus' being installed, the program launches and connects to minimserver but there is no way to open the popup menu to do something. Even the message 'miminserver running' can't be x-ed. I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall minimwatch bot with no success.

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2018, 16:03
RE: minimwatch icon not clickable in ubuntu 18.04
I have tested this using the latest version of MinimWatch and it is working for me.

When you click on the x in the message, you ned to click at the very bottom of the x, below the line of the menu bar. This is a limitation of GNOME Shell. You can also click the message text to make the message disappear.

Left-clicking the minim icon should show the status message. Right-clicking the icon should show the pop-up menu. Are both of these not working?

What version of Java are you using?
20-09-2018, 16:06
Unfortunately nothing is working, neither right nor left clicks.
This is my java version:

openjdk version "1.8.0_181"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-8u181-b13-0ubuntu0.18.04.1-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

(20-09-2018 16:03)simoncn Wrote:  I have tested this using the latest version of MinimWatch and it is working for me.

When you click on the x in the message, you ned to click at the very bottom of the x, below the line of the menu bar. This is a limitation of GNOME Shell. You can also click the message text to make the message disappear.

Left-clicking the minim icon should show the status message. Right-clicking the icon should show the pop-up menu. Are both of these not working?

What version of Java are you using?
20-09-2018, 16:12
.. only clicking on the message text indeed made the text disappear
20-09-2018, 16:17 (This post was last modified: 20-09-2018 16:19 by simoncn.)
For the icon to work, you need Java 9 or higher. This is mentioned in the first paragraph of this section. On Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, the simplest way to do this is to install the openjdk-11-jre package. This will actually install OpenJDK 10 (somewhat confusing), which is fine.
20-09-2018, 18:53
Sorry I must have overlooked that. The problem is solved with java 10. Thanks a lot.