Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleepy Server
17-09-2018, 15:30
Sleepy Server
Hi

Not a biggie, but was wondering why Minim appears to be the last server to reappear in my control point (HiFi Cast) when my Windows 10 PC has been dormant for a while. I've changed all the usual power settings on the PC and other servers (Plex, Asset) don't seem to disappear, just Minim which comes back online after a few minutes. As I say, not a biggie but just wondering if there was a config option which would help keep Minim online..

DDJ Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2018, 21:27
RE: Sleepy Server
I tried this on my network and there is no delay in Hi-Fi Cast loading the MinimServer library when my Windows laptop wakes up from sleep.

MinimServer and Asset don't disappear from the Hi-Fi Cast server list when the laptop is sleeping but the libraries can't be loaded.

Slow discovery of MinimServer by the control point is normally caused by a network multicast discovery issue. See this section for some suggestions.
18-09-2018, 05:39
RE: Sleepy Server
(17-09-2018 21:27)simoncn Wrote:  I tried this on my network and there is no delay in Hi-Fi Cast loading the MinimServer library when my Windows laptop wakes up from sleep.

MinimServer and Asset don't disappear from the Hi-Fi Cast server list when the laptop is sleeping but the libraries can't be loaded.

Slow discovery of MinimServer by the control point is normally caused by a network multicast discovery issue. See this section for some suggestions.

Thanks Simon...I'll try those tips and get back to you but as I say, not a biggie as Minim comes online a few minutes after the others.