Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Directories
17-09-2018, 23:52 (This post was last modified: 18-09-2018 01:08 by antonmb.)
RE: Multiple Directories
Minimwatch is a program run on your pc or Mac, used to set properties, view logs, manage package updates, etc., for Minimserver on your NAS. You download and install it on your pc, then launch it and it will find Minimserver on your NAS (as long as they’re on the same network). You can use Minimwatch to set properties (including directories as in my example), and then you can turn off your pc if you like. The settings you configure are stored on the NAS, Minimwatch does not need to be running once the properties are set.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2018, 17:33
I did take note of that .. I downloaded MINIM onto my PC but does not seem to be working from what I can see. On Windows 10 seems to be trying to login to server.. when I press Options>Log watch.."Retrying monitor subscription for server at 192.........(attempt 15) and counting. When I bring up Options>Properties(watch), there is no directory allocation on the menu that comes up. Properties on top of the drop down menu is grayed out. It looks as though MINim watch cannot access my NAS.
18-09-2018, 18:22
This message about "retrying monitor subscription" means that your Windows firewall is blocking inbound connections from MinimServer to MinimWatch. As a test, you can confirm this by completely disabling the Windows firewall. To fix this, you need to add a Windows firewall rule to allow inbound connections to Java TM Platform SE Binary.
18-09-2018, 18:41
Ahh yes.. Thanks everyone..just saw a post from a couple years back and did just what you stated..Thanks Simoncn and antonmb. Seems to be running. Will have to check to see if the Directory shows up on the MIND app on my Android now. The MIND SW is sometimes temperamental and does not always respond to MINIM server changes right away. Have to run but will check later. Will keep you posted.
19-09-2018, 18:33
We have lift off.. Had a quick glance at My tablet this morning with the MIND app and all directories show. You guys are awesome. Thank you for all of your help.
20-09-2018, 11:20
Glad to hear this is working for you now. I have moved this thread from the MinimStreamer section of the forum to the Support section as it relates to MinimServer rather than MinimStreamer.