Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Groups and Album Play in Bubble
11-09-2018, 10:45
Groups and Album Play in Bubble
I think this is a Bubble issue but as I recently updated minimserver also I thought I would check here too....

I have used the Group tag extensively in my largely classical library to create containment relationships for all the movements of a sonata or cantata etc. (I also used a Composition tag to name all my pieces separately.)

If I have an album that contains say 9 tracks representing 3 sonatas which I have grouped, then Bubble shows the three group containers but does not show any Play button. If instead there was an additional 10'th track ungrouped, say a stray Bagatelle, then Bubble shows the Play button as "1 TRACK|12.23" and will only play the track not the groups. (If I hit "+" to add everything to my playlist, it does include all the grouped tracks.)

I guess this is a control point issue, rather than something in minimserver but maybe not? Anyone experiencing the same thing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2018, 11:20
RE: Groups and Album Play in Bubble
Yes, this is a control-point issue. If you select 'Play' from the "3 dots" menu for the album, you will get all the tracks. If you use the play button for the album, you will get only the ungrouped tracks.
11-09-2018, 12:40
(11-09-2018 11:20)simoncn Wrote:  Yes, this is a control-point issue. If you select 'Play' from the "3 dots" menu for the album, you will get all the tracks. If you use the play button for the album, you will get only the ungrouped tracks.

Yes - but unfortunately the 3-dots menu only appears if there is at least one actual track, if they are all containers you have to either add all to playlist, or select each container, or go back to the album-list level and 3-dot Play from there.

Not a disaster but would be nicer to just hit the Play icon.

Thanks as always for your quick response!
11-09-2018, 13:26
Yes, this is very unfortunate. The "Play" button was available on such albums in a previous version of BubbleUPnP. Have you contacted the author of BubbleUPnP to ask about this change?
11-09-2018, 14:49
(11-09-2018 13:26)simoncn Wrote:  Yes, this is very unfortunate. The "Play" button was available on such albums in a previous version of BubbleUPnP. Have you contacted the author of BubbleUPnP to ask about this change?

Bubbleguuum said it was unintentional and he would plan to fix it. so thats good!
12-09-2018, 12:29 (This post was last modified: 12-09-2018 12:29 by bubbleguuum.)
I have indeed fixed these 2 issues for next update:

- UPnP album folder not recognized as such (eg missing album header with big Play button) if it contained only folders
- album folder big Play button only playing tracks in the folder and not loading all children folders recursively