Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting Search Results
11-09-2018, 10:29
RE: Sorting Search Results
On every search request the control point must specify a container for the search. It seems that many control points always specify the top-level container but MinimServer allows any container to be specified.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2018, 07:29
(11-09-2018 10:29)simoncn Wrote:  On every search request the control point must specify a container for the search. It seems that many control points always specify the top-level container but MinimServer allows any container to be specified.

Hi Simon

I use Hi-Fi Cast on Android as the control point as it is the only one which works properly with my terrible Bose speaker. I'm in work at the moment but will check out if the search can indeed by initiated from (and presumably therefore restricted to) a particular folder. Thanks again for the help

DDJ
12-09-2018, 07:36
(11-09-2018 09:16)timster Wrote:  Well, it must be the control point that has to send the relative part. Neither Kazoo nor Bubble return anything other than everything in the library, regardless of the selection you are in the browse tree.
But for the OP - I have found Bubble is brilliant with the search results. It collates them by album titles that contain the string, albums by artists that contain it, artists, tracks, and tracks by artists that contain it.
Wish all control points did that!

Totally agree Timster, think Bubble is brilliant but unfortunately Hi-Fi Cast is the only one I've found which will work properly with streaming playlists to my Bose Soundtouch ST20 speaker. All others stop playing after one song due to BOSE's crappy partial support for DLNA.
12-09-2018, 08:18
(11-09-2018 10:29)simoncn Wrote:  On every search request the control point must specify a container for the search. It seems that many control points always specify the top-level container but MinimServer allows any container to be specified.

Thanks for the info. I may request Linn to add that to Kazoo, it would be a nice feature, although I already know the response. I'm almost certain they would say that it would mean having to navigate to the top every time you wanted to do a full search, and that may be undesirable. And they aren't going to add a drop-down choice of "From Here" or "From Top" in the search screen.
Maybe Bubble would though,...

It would be most useful for Tidal and Qobuz, but I wonder if they support it. Probably not!
12-09-2018, 08:45
A drop-down choice for searching "From Here" or "From Top" sounds very useful.

TIDAL and Qobuz aren't UPnP servers, so they would have a different search mechanism.
12-09-2018, 09:09
I've emailed the Bubble guy requesting just such a drop-down. Linn forums are under maintenance but I'll ask. Will probably fall on deaf ears.
Shame about Tidal an Qobuz. That's where such a feature would be most useful!
12-09-2018, 10:14 (This post was last modified: 12-09-2018 10:14 by simoncn.)
I have investigated the unexpected sort order from "See all songs" in Hi-Fi Cast. The current sort order isn't random. It sorts by album name, then track number within the album.

In the next MinimServer update, the sort order for this list will change to the sort order for the "n items" list (track name first, then artist name, then date). The user can customize this sort order by setting the items.sortTags option in the tagOptions property.
12-09-2018, 13:06
I take that to mean the CP would have to build the request from the point in the browse tree it is made. So if I'm browsing albums in Genre=Classical, Year=2017, and search "Britten", the "From Here" query would "simply" build the UPnP Search to be "search all albums from 2017 whose genre is classical that contain Britten.
Would a UI be needed? Doesn't Bubble already know the necessary information, kept in the browse history?
12-09-2018, 13:16
(12-09-2018 13:06)timster Wrote:  I take that to mean the CP would have to build the request from the point in the browse tree it is made. So if I'm browsing albums in Genre=Classical, Year=2017, and search "Britten", the "From Here" query would "simply" build the UPnP Search to be "search all albums from 2017 whose genre is classical that contain Britten.
Would a UI be needed? Doesn't Bubble already know the necessary information, kept in the browse history?

Yes it has the necessary info. Will look into it, although no promise. I was just elaborating on more advanced search requests, which apparently is off-topic.
12-09-2018, 13:29 (This post was last modified: 12-09-2018 15:22 by ddjksa.)

Hi Simon

Tried your suggestion. Opened [FOLDER VIEW] and browsed to a specific folder [Comedy Albums]. Searched for "Hey Jude" (which should return no hits from that particular folder) but got all the results from the root [Music] folder so either I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, need to configure Minim properly or Minim ignores the starting container when doing a search.

Also, again maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but I still think the order of the results is pseudo-random and not in the album order you think. I've attached a screen shot for a portion of the "Hey Jude" search by way of example...

DDJ