Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSD ISO File from Pentatone
18-08-2018, 19:26
DSD ISO File from Pentatone
Hello.

I made a Download from Pentatone. There is a DSD ISO File. I have it done to my NAS. But minimserver can find it. I made a rescan. Its a shame that by Pentaone you can not downlaod normal DSD Files. Normally i dont have problems with DSD Files. Now i have a big DSD ISO File and have payd 25 Euros for the Master und cant play it. I think i must encode it? How?

Normally you can choose if you want the 2ch Download or the Mch Download. But by Pentatone there is all in an Iso File.

Thanks

Andy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2018, 20:40
RE: DSD ISO File from Pentatone
According to the Pentatone website, you can use this software to convert the DSD.iso file to DSF files (including metadata). I haven't tried this myself.
18-08-2018, 23:40
Thanks for your answer. Now i can play it via Minimserver after converting....

But i think this is not a good decision from Pentatone to give only DSD.iso Files for Download. I need only DSF 2 CH. For me that was the first und last Download form Pentatone. They are not user freindli. Why not make DSF Files and you can take both files ( 2 CH and MCH ) for one price and has two Download options.. And this conversoin will minise sound quality i think

I think because the other sites has DSF i can get my Pentaone Albums on other pages how nativedsd etc. But not by Pentatone..
09-09-2018, 21:06
(18-08-2018 23:40)Headphone Wrote:  Thanks for your answer. Now i can play it via Minimserver after converting....

But i think this is not a good decision from Pentatone to give only DSD.iso Files for Download. I need only DSF 2 CH. For me that was the first und last Download form Pentatone. They are not user freindli. Why not make DSF Files and you can take both files ( 2 CH and MCH ) for one price and has two Download options.. And this conversoin will minise sound quality i think

I think because the other sites has DSF i can get my Pentaone Albums on other pages how nativedsd etc. But not by Pentatone..

The SONORE software does not actually "convert" the files from ISO to DSF. It extracts them from the ISO file. So, there is no affect on sound quality. The ISO file is an image of the Pentatone Super Audio Compact Disk (SACD) and some media servers will play the ISO file directly.

There is another program that will extract the "DSD" files from the ISO image. Attached is a pdf describing this software.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ISOtoDSFv122.pdf (Size: 164.65 KB / Downloads: 14)