Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error message
09-08-2018, 14:25
Error message
Every so often I am not able to access my library and when I go to the MinimServer webpage it says:

Exception while processing action request:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1

This only causes a temporary break as when I do a rescan it only takes just over a minute for MinimWatch to turn green.

It would be useful to know if there is an underlying problem though.

Advice gratefully received. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2018, 15:26 (This post was last modified: 09-08-2018 15:27 by simoncn.)
RE: Error message
This is a problem and I would like to fix it. The message should be accompanied by a Java stack trace in the MinimServer log. MinimServer should also produce a crash log file. What platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, Synology, QNAP, etc.) are you using to run MinimServer?
09-08-2018, 17:32
(09-08-2018 15:26)simoncn Wrote:  This is a problem and I would like to fix it. The message should be accompanied by a Java stack trace in the MinimServer log. MinimServer should also produce a crash log file. What platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, Synology, QNAP, etc.) are you using to run MinimServer?
As always, many thanks for your swift response.
Attached is the MinimServer log. I'm using your software on a Raspberry Pi.
Where is the crash log file?
09-08-2018, 17:38
Oooops - here is the log file.
........but no it isn't as when I try and attach it I get the message:
•The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type.
What next?
Thanks.
09-08-2018, 18:23
Attaching a .log file is working for me. You can try zipping the file and attaching the zipped archive.
09-08-2018, 18:56
(09-08-2018 18:23)simoncn Wrote:  Attaching a .log file is working for me. You can try zipping the file and attaching the zipped archive.
Zip file attached........I hope!

Attached File(s)
.zip  MinimServer log after crash.zip (Size: 28.72 KB / Downloads: 1)
09-08-2018, 21:02
Thanks very much. It looks like the error occurred after MinimServer was started with an empty content directory. Does this make sense to you?
10-08-2018, 09:13
(09-08-2018 21:02)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks very much. It looks like the error occurred after MinimServer was started with an empty content directory. Does this make sense to you?

Thanks for looking onto it.
I suppose it is possible that the content directories have not fully mounted.
10-08-2018, 09:29 (This post was last modified: 10-08-2018 11:06 by simoncn.)
You can use the delayStart property (see this section) to solve this problem. Also, MinimServer should produce a better error message and I will work on a fix for this.

Edit: I have reproduced the same error message when using two content directories, both of which are empty. The fix should be straighforward. Thanks for letting me know about this problem.
10-08-2018, 11:09
(10-08-2018 09:29)simoncn Wrote:  You can use the delayStart property (see this section) to solve this problem. Also, MinimServer should produce a better error message and I will work on a fix for this.

Edit: I have reproduced the same error message when using two content directories, both of which are empty. The fix should be straighforward. Thanks for letting me know about this problem.

Good suggestion about the delay - I'll do that. Thanks.

Indeed, I have two content directories which contain 4000+ albums between them.