Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problemes using the GROUP Tag on multiple CDs?
14-07-2018, 20:44 (This post was last modified: 14-07-2018 20:45 by stenax.)
Problemes using the GROUP Tag on multiple CDs?
Hello,

I use the Tag GROUP mainly for tagging classical music. If the groups are on one CD, everything works great.
But if a group spreads over several CDs, it seems that the Tag GROUP is not recognized by minimserver. (?)
(For example: Haiting, Wagner: Das Rheingold: My GROUP "3. Act" starts on CD 1 Track 21 an finishes on CD 2 Track 7; Minimserver seems not to recognise this GROUP)
Is that a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
Stephan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2018, 21:30
RE: Problemes using the GROUP Tag on multiple CDs?
If you are viewing the album as a set of separate discs (see this section for details), MinimServer doesn't allow a group to span discs. This is because groups are contained within discs, so it isn't possible for a group to be part of more than one disc.

I am planning to make a change to no longer treat this as an error but instead split the group into two different groups with the same name, one for each disc. This probably isn't exactly what you want but it might be better than what you are seeing at present.

If you are using groups to structure the album contents, do you need the discs to be shown separately? If you are OK with not seeing disc boundaries in the list of album contents, groups would work as you expect and this should be a better solution.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply