Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album art when browsing Albumartist.
27-06-2018, 15:02
Album art when browsing Albumartist.
Hi, I am new to using minimserver. Great tool with a steep learning curve. Have it up and running on my Synology with Naim as my control point. When browsing minimservers container I also have the option of browsing for "albumartist"

26 albums
241 items
3 playlists
Albumartist
Artist
Date
Genre
All Artists
Composer
[untagged]
[folder view]

Now, maybe I do not yet understand the mechanics of browsing, but when I choose to browse the albumartist option, I am presented with folder icons (no art) for all albumartists. Clicking on a folder icon for, say, Supertramp I am presented with the next level, which offers me a folder icon for the 4 albums I have. Only after clicking on this second folder icon do I finally see the artwork for the four Supertramp albums I have. (interestingly, I have other artists, when I click on the first level folder icon I see the album art for the albums in the sub folders. I haven’t figured this out either.)
This can’t be a tagging problem, as I see album art immediately I click on the option [folder view].
My question: why do I not see artwork immediately when first browsing the option albumartist instead of having to drill down through further folders before artwork appears?
Thanks for all any any help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2018, 22:58
RE: Album art when browsing Albumartist.
MinimServer doesn't automatically show a list of albums when you select an artist. It does this only if there are no other browsing choices for the current selection. If there are other choices (for example, Date), you will get the view you describe which includes the other choices.

You can use the listViewAlbums property to change this behaviour. Setting this to a large number such as 9999 will show only a list of albums after your first browsing selection.
28-06-2018, 10:07
Simon, thanks for the explanation. That's something I overlooked. I will try this out in the next few days and see how it works.
02-07-2018, 21:04
Changing the listViewAlbums option to 9999 removed all other unnecesary tag information in the music folders. However I have one more click I want to remove and that is the folder icon I see when browsing the Albumartist or Artist folders. When I click on (say) Artist I still see folder icons for all artists. Can this be changed so that I see album art instead (as is possible in [folder view] )?
Thanks, cabinpad.
02-07-2018, 22:39 (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 05:58 by simoncn.)
This isn't possible at present.
03-07-2018, 09:03
Oh, what a pity. I wasn't sure if that was a minim thing or a problem with the control point. I take it then that this detail lies within the minim world? You say "not possible at present". Is it on your list of things to do? Smile
03-07-2018, 10:48
(02-07-2018 21:04)cabinpad Wrote:  When I click on (say) Artist I still see folder icons for all artists. Can this be changed so that I see album art instead (as is possible in [folder view] )?
Thanks, cabinpad.

If I have understood what you are requesting then there may be a work around, although it may depend on how the Naim control app works as well as how you use the Albums index provided by Minimserver.

The <n> Albums index list order can be changed, from its default of Album tag contents, to Artist tag or AlbumArtist tag or etc. etc.

Simply change the tagOptions value to Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist,Album}

For more information have a look at User guide - List order
03-07-2018, 15:05
(03-07-2018 09:03)cabinpad Wrote:  Is it on your list of things to do? Smile

Yes it is, but the list is long and this feature isn't at the top. There is some previous discussion of this topic in this thread.
03-07-2018, 15:24
(03-07-2018 10:48)Alandbush Wrote:  The <n> Albums index list order can be changed, from its default of Album tag contents, to Artist tag or AlbumArtist tag or etc. etc.

Simply change the tagOptions value to Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist,Album}

I think the OP wants to see artwork for each artist entry in the index, not change the order in which artists are sorted.
05-07-2018, 12:31
Simon, that is correct.

@Alandbush: thanks for chipping in Smile