Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editng file structure on Meloc N1A
05-10-2018, 21:02
Editng file structure on Meloc N1A
I'm new to this and this topic may have been covered. I have Minimserver installed on my Melco N1A. Currently, 33 of my albums show up in the Album folder, but there are about 200 more in the Folders Folder under the date they were ripped. (minimserver was installed recently.) I'd like to get those albums moved into the Album folder. Is there a way to edit the file structure once it has already been established?

The reason I ask is that I purchased an Auralic Vega G1 and it will not move automatically to the next track when playing a album from the Folders directory, only will do so from the Albums folder.

Help will be much appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2018, 21:45
RE: Editng file structure on Meloc N1A
For an album to appear in the MinimServer albums folder, the album's files must be tagged with the name of the album. What format are the missing files (FLAC, WAV, MP3, etc.) and how were these files ripped and/or tagged? Also, do you see any error messages in the MinimServer log?
05-10-2018, 22:06
(05-10-2018 21:45)simoncn Wrote:  For an album to appear in the MinimServer albums folder, the album's files must be tagged with the name of the album. What format are the missing files (FLAC, WAV, MP3, etc.) and how were these files ripped and/or tagged? Also, do you see any error messages in the MinimServer log?

They are wav. They were ripped from a Buffalo CD drive into the Melco and put in a folder with the date 1- 9- 2016.

No, I don't see any errors.

About a year ago, when I ripped CDs into the Melco it put them those newly ripped CDs in the Album folder. Probably had to do with a firmware upgrade that changed the folder they were put in I suspect. Now I want to get all those albums currently in the Folder file moved to the Album folder.
06-10-2018, 08:51
The "folders" (actually containers) that you see in MinimServer aren't the same as folders on the Melco. MinimServer reads all the folders on the Melco and puts the files from these folders into containers with names like "33 albums" and [folder view]. Is this what you are describing as the Albums folder and the Folders folder?

If an album appears in the MinimServer [folder view] container but not in the "33 albums" container, this means there is something wrong with the contents of the album files. The only way to move the album to a different MinimServer container is to fix the problem with the album files.

Please post a screenshot from Windows Explorer showing the files from one of the albums that appears in the MinimServer [folder view] container.
06-10-2018, 13:19
Screenshot attached.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 8.15.27 AM.zip (Size: 645.45 KB / Downloads: 4)
06-10-2018, 13:34
Yes, but since I have moved albums into what I thought was Album folder the file structure goes like this:

then:

import
import cd
Minimserver

Under import
2016-09-01
Only some of the albums are here

Under import cd
the folder of all the albums
06-10-2018, 14:24
The Minimserver library includes all the files in both the import and import CD folders. The files that have an Album tag appear under "albums" as well as under [folder view]. The files that don't have an Album tag appear only under [folder view]. Moving files from one disk folder to another disk folder doesn't make any difference to this.

It seems likely that the problem is caused by some of your files not having an Album tag. Please copy the file 01 - Lily's theme.WAV to my FTP file server and I will check the file to see what tags it contains. I will send you some information by private message explaining how to do this copy.
06-10-2018, 16:34
Let me know when you have sent private message.
06-10-2018, 16:50
I just sent you Lily's theme as directed.
06-10-2018, 17:49
Thanks for this. The file was ripped without any tags. To make this file appear in the albums folder, you need to add tags. To do this, you can recreate the WAV files for this album by importing the original album CD to the Melco library using the Melco CD import feature. Another option is to use SongKong to add tags to the existing files on the Melco (see this post).