Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem installing MinimWatch
17-05-2018, 09:18
Problem installing MinimWatch
Just tried to install MinimWatch on a W8.1 PC. I've installed java 8 update 171 on the machine. When I run the MinimWatch installer it errors saying:

MinimWatch is running. You must exit MinimWatch before installing.

This is interesting because MinimWatch is not installed at all and is certainly not running.

Any advice?

Bob.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2018, 09:43 (This post was last modified: 17-05-2018 09:43 by simoncn.)
RE: Problem installing MinimWatch
Are you using the latest 0.8.5.2 version of the MinimWatch installer?

The message is produced if the file C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\data\minimwatch.config.lock exists and cannot be deleted. This would usually only happen if MinimWatch is running. To check this, you can type:

%appdata%\MinimWatch\data

in the address bar of a Windows Explorer window and press Enter. If the minimwatch.config.lock file exists, select it and press Shift+Delete.
17-05-2018, 11:15
(17-05-2018 09:43)simoncn Wrote:  Are you using the latest 0.8.5.2 version of the MinimWatch installer?

The message is produced if the file C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\data\minimwatch.config.lock exists and cannot be deleted. This would usually only happen if MinimWatch is running. To check this, you can type:

%appdata%\MinimWatch\data

in the address bar of a Windows Explorer window and press Enter. If the minimwatch.config.lock file exists, select it and press Shift+Delete.
Ah, enlightenment.
Now I see why it doesn't work on second machines in my home. I'm running a domain at home with AD (sort of) and of course I bet it will only work if I use a different user on the other machine.

Thanks

Bob.
17-05-2018, 12:12
Don't suppose there is a way to make a MinimWatch install machine specific and not user specific is there?

Bob.
17-05-2018, 21:14
The Windows installation of MinimWatch doesn't allow for a per-machine installation. Is it possible for you do something with Windows links to make C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch point to a different location for each machine rather than pointing to the same location?
18-05-2018, 09:30
(17-05-2018 21:14)simoncn Wrote:  The Windows installation of MinimWatch doesn't allow for a per-machine installation. Is it possible for you do something with Windows links to make C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch point to a different location for each machine rather than pointing to the same location?

Thanks Simon I'll look into that.

Bob.