Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synology migration problem
09-05-2018, 17:24
Synology migration problem
I would be obliged if you could help me please.I have been migrating from one Synology NAS to another. I thought everything was going well but seem to have hit a problem.I have transferred both HDDs,downloaded Java8 and Minimserver for Intel.I opened MinimWatch which was red,properties said there was no content dir,so I copied this from File Station.This has removed the red from MinimWatch,but when I open Linn Kazoo Minimserver is there but with no content.I have stopped and started MinimWatch and Minimserver with no success.I would very much appreciate any help you can give me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2018, 18:13
RE: Synology migration problem
Either your contentDir setting is pointing to the wrong folder (i.e., a valid folder but not the folder that contains your music) or you need to do a Rescan from MinimWatch.
09-05-2018, 19:31
Many. thanks for your quick reply.I tried a rescan but nothing happened.I’ll try to post a couple of screenshots later.
Thanks again.
09-05-2018, 22:23 (This post was last modified: 09-05-2018 22:24 by mors.)
]This is what comes up the I go into Minimserver in Package Centre on Synology.I have no idea what this means.Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-05-2018, 22:37 (This post was last modified: 09-05-2018 22:37 by simoncn.)
It doesn't mean anything. It is just a sample screenshot that I created several years ago because Synology wanted to have a MinimServer screenshot on the Package Center page for MinimServer.

Please post the exact value of your contentDir setting (from MinimWatch) and also a screenshot from File Station showing the folder containing your music files.
10-05-2018, 08:56
I have enclosed screenshots as requested.I have also included screenshots of where my iTunes library is pointed.This has always been /Volumes/music when using Disk Station.I changed to /volumes/music/music but with the same result.In Linn Kazoo still shows Minimsever but with no content.I do hope that you can help.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-05-2018, 09:36
Please try doing the following:

1) Set the contentDir property to /volume1/music/Music (note the capital M in the final Music)
2) In MinimWatch, select Show log
3) In the log window, change the logging level to Verbose
4) Leave the log window open
5) In MinimWatch, select Rescan
6) Copy the contents of the log window into a post here
10-05-2018, 10:38
Solved!Thanks so much for your help,I was really worried this time.