Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inconsistency with multi-disc
07-05-2018, 01:03
inconsistency with multi-disc
I have a problem with the way multi-disc sets are displayed. The discs are differentiated as 1/3, 2/3, etc. Sometimes the contents are displayed as the manual says, with the subsequent disc in a title being renumbered after the previous discs. At other times, the tracks are simply ordered by track numbers (1 followed by 1, then 2 and 2, etc.). This makes nonsense of works like operas. I can't find any difference between the sets that work and those that don't. Please help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2018, 09:01
RE: inconsistency with multi-disc
This is probably caused by a problem with DISCNUMBER tags in the sets that don't work. Have you checked the MinimServer log for warning messages?
07-05-2018, 13:04
(07-05-2018 09:01)simoncn Wrote:  This is probably caused by a problem with DISCNUMBER tags in the sets that don't work. Have you checked the MinimServer log for warning messages?

Thanks for responding. I have just checked the logs, and the problem is not mentioned. I should note that where the problem arises, the track listing starts as:
0 >> Disc 2 (followed by a timing)
0 >> Disc 3 (followed by a timing)
1 Track 1 (from Disc 2)
1 Track 1 (from Disc 3), etc.

There doesn't seem to be a problem if the two discs involved include Disc 1, but where the lower disc number is higher than 1, it does this.
07-05-2018, 15:41
Which control point are you using?

Can you post an example of what you see in the track listing for the multidisc albums that display correctly?
07-05-2018, 23:25
(07-05-2018 15:41)simoncn Wrote:  Which control point are you using?

Can you post an example of what you see in the track listing for the multidisc albums that display correctly?

I don't know what you mean by 'control point'. My player is a Cambridge CXN.

Here is an example
0 >>Disc r 03:24:52
0 >>Disc 5 03:24:52
1 Scene 1 0:16:24
1 Scene 5 0:08:10
2 Scene 2 0:09:40
and so on
08-05-2018, 06:51
What app are you using when you see the incorrect display that you have posted? Is it an app provided by Cambridge?

Can you post an example of what you see in the track listing for the multidisc albums that display correctly (not display incorrectly)?
08-05-2018, 12:07
(08-05-2018 06:51)simoncn Wrote:  What app are you using when you see the incorrect display that you have posted? Is it an app provided by Cambridge?

Can you post an example of what you see in the track listing for the multidisc albums that display correctly (not display incorrectly)?

I am seeing this on the Cambridge Connect on my phone.
For tracks that display correctly, the "0 >>Disc 2 (time)" etc. is missing, and the tracks are just displayed as "1 Track 1 (timing), 2 Track 2 (timing)" etc.

I have been going through my opera collection, and, with one exception, the problem albums are all ones where the lower-numbered disc is not 1. I find if I change the disc numbers from 2 and 3 to 1 and 2, the problem goes away. I could go through my collection and make this change universally, but that would be a lot of work, and there might be unforeseen problems. (The exception, where the lower disc number was 1, was a disc where some of the tracks had no disc number at all).
09-05-2018, 07:35
(08-05-2018 12:07)mweather Wrote:  I am seeing this on the Cambridge Connect on my phone.
For tracks that display correctly, the "0 >>Disc 2 (time)" etc. is missing, and the tracks are just displayed as "1 Track 1 (timing), 2 Track 2 (timing)" etc.

If the album has multiple discs and displays correctly, do you see all the discs together under one album:

1 Track 1 from disc 1 (timing)
2 Track 2 from disc 1 (timing)
n Track n from disc 1 (timing)
n+1 Track 1 from disc 2 (timing)
n+2 Track 2 from disc 2 (timing)

or do you see each disc shown as if it were a separate album?
09-05-2018, 13:11
(09-05-2018 07:35)simoncn Wrote:  
(08-05-2018 12:07)mweather Wrote:  I am seeing this on the Cambridge Connect on my phone.

If the album has multiple discs and displays correctly, do you see all the discs together under one album:

1 Track 1 from disc 1 (timing)
2 Track 2 from disc 1 (timing)
n Track n from disc 1 (timing)
n+1 Track 1 from disc 2 (timing)
n+2 Track 2 from disc 2 (timing)

or do you see each disc shown as if it were a separate album?

It is the former option. The tracks from the second disc display as renumbered after the tracks of the first disc
09-05-2018, 22:15
For complete albums, MinimServer is merging the discs and renumbering the tracks and the Cambridge app is handling this correctly.

For incomplete albums, MinimServer is not merging the discs and renumbering the tracks. Instead, it presents a view of the album that the Cambridge app isn't able to handle correctly.

Do you have an Android phone? If so, you can install the BubbleUPnP app which should work OK with incomplete albums as well as complete albums.