Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I turn off the folder view?
13-02-2013, 19:35 (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 19:40 by JimR.)
Can I turn off the folder view?
I would be happier if the option to view the underlying folder structure was not there. Is there a way to turn if off? (Have looked in docs but haven't found one.)

If not, any chance of this in a future release?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 20:20
RE: Can I turn off the folder view?
(13-02-2013 19:35)JimR Wrote:  I would be happier if the option to view the underlying folder structure was not there. Is there a way to turn if off? (Have looked in docs but haven't found one.)

If not, any chance of this in a future release?

There's no way to turn this off at the moment. Providing an option to do this is on my list of feature requests for a future release.
13-02-2013, 21:29
I'd love this option as well as folder view is of no use for me Smile
15-02-2013, 09:32
Actually, I us folder view a lot. I have all my high definition music stored in a NAS directory /HD Audio, and all my "standard quality audio" in another directory. By doing this, Minimservers folder view gives me the possibility to quickly browse and play HD.

Of course, when Minimserver in a future release gets the functionality to create smart playlist, having folder view might become less imprtant.

Greetz, Willem
15-02-2013, 10:32
(15-02-2013 09:32)whgmkeller Wrote:  Actually, I us folder view a lot. I have all my high definition music stored in a NAS directory /HD Audio, and all my "standard quality audio" in another directory. By doing this, Minimservers folder view gives me the possibility to quickly browse and play HD.

Of course, when Minimserver in a future release gets the functionality to create smart playlist, having folder view might become less imprtant.

Greetz, Willem

if there's an option to turn folder view of, you just wont make use of it. It wont affect you Smile
15-02-2013, 17:39
(15-02-2013 09:32)whgmkeller Wrote:  Actually, I us folder view a lot. I have all my high definition music stored in a NAS directory /HD Audio, and all my "standard quality audio" in another directory. By doing this, Minimservers folder view gives me the possibility to quickly browse and play HD.

Greetz, Willem

Willem
Have MinimServer index both paths. Then if you add #AudioData to indexTags and use this in Kinsky, it will split your music by word/bit rate. So you can select 24/48000 or 24/192000 from 16/44100 etc.
Peter

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
15-02-2013, 17:55
(15-02-2013 17:39)Peter@57m Wrote:  

Greetz, Willem

Willem
Have MinimServer index both paths. Then if you add #AudioData to indexTags and use this in Kinsky, it will split your music by word/bit rate. So you can select 24/48000 or 24/192000 from 16/44100 etc.
Peter

Okay, hadn't tried that - I will investigate this :-)

EDIT: there are some things in there that seem wrong to me, I will open a separate thread for that.

Greetz, Willem