Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday, MinimServer!
26-01-2013, 11:21
Happy Birthday, MinimServer!
The first version of MinimServer (0.10) was released a year ago today, on 26th January 2012. It's been an exciting and busy year! Smile

Thank you all for trying and using MinimServer, and for your bug reports, comments and suggestions. Your feedback has really helped to make MinimServer better, and I've enjoyed responding to these messages.

Thanks especially to those who have made donations. I've found it very encouraging that people have been willing to support MinimServer by making voluntary contributions.

Looking ahead, I've got a long list of things to do that have been talked about on the forums, as well as one or two surprises. Stay tuned!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 02:10 (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 02:10 by mpj645.)
RE: Happy Birthday, MinimServer!
(26-01-2013 11:21)simoncn Wrote:  The first version of MinimServer (0.10) was released a year ago today, on 26th January 2012. It's been an exciting and busy year! Smile

Thank you all for trying and using MinimServer, and for your bug reports, comments and suggestions. Your feedback has really helped to make MinimServer better, and I've enjoyed responding to these messages.

Thanks especially to those who have made donations. I've found it very encouraging that people have been willing to support MinimServer by making voluntary contributions.

Looking ahead, I've got a long list of things to do that have been talked about on the forums, as well as one or two surprises. Stay tuned!

Happy birthday! Cheers ~~ And wish you and minimserver all the best in the future
And looking forward to see all your to do list comes to true,especially for APE&CUE supporting. Smile

Again, Thanks a lot simon - what a great upnp server software you've developed .
28-01-2013, 10:52 (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 10:54 by wappinghigh.)
Yes Happy Birthday.

I am sooooo impressed I just made a small donation

I have been looking for something like this server for years... I am so glad someone from Computeraudiophile put me onto minimserver..

So much looking forward to itunes playlists and specific hirez track sorting..

Minimserver is the very first server that works properly serving my itunes library on OSX to my Linn DS using the Extra Vegetables Control4 driver

Nothing previously has worked properly. Eyeconnect/Twonky...nothing.

This little piece of software is a beautiful thing Smile

Simon where have you been all my life ? hahaha
28-01-2013, 11:09
(28-01-2013 10:52)wappinghigh Wrote:  Yes Happy Birthday.

I am sooooo impressed I just made a small donation

I have been looking for something like this server for years... I am so glad someone from Computeraudiophile put me onto minimserver..

So much looking forward to itunes playlists and specific hirez track sorting..

Minimserver is the very first server that works properly serving my itunes library on OSX to my Linn DS using the Extra Vegetables Control4 driver

Nothing previously has worked properly. Eyeconnect/Twonky...nothing.

This little piece of software is a beautiful thing Smile

Simon where have you been all my life ? hahaha

Thanks very much!

I hadn't previously heard of Control4 and Extra Vegetables (interesting name!) It's good to know that this is working OK with MinimServer.

Support for hi-res indexing shouldn't be too difficult to add. Reading iTunes playlists is likely to be quite a lot of work.

Some people have mentioned that MinimServer doesn't serve their iTunes album art. Is this artwork missing for you?
28-01-2013, 12:23 (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 12:26 by wappinghigh.)
^ Regarding itunes album art, it appears in Kinsky when I use minimserver to play the track within the Control4 Driver. But not on the Control4 GUI.

As matter of interest, Extra Vegetables is a UK based software house that writes drivers that integrate third party equipment into the Control4 platform (google them)

The EV driver needs a third party uPnP server running to "serve" the library to Linn. The driver then reflects what is going on in Kinsky...

To be honest Simon, I couldn't care about the Album art. I'm one of those all for the music guys... If I could find tracks in playlists and sort via "hi res" vs "low res" like I do in itunes I'd be over the moon. Couldn't give a hoot about the cover art. I guess we are all different. Smile
28-01-2013, 13:40
(28-01-2013 12:23)wappinghigh Wrote:  ^ Regarding itunes album art, it appears in Kinsky when I use minimserver to play the track within the Control4 Driver. But not on the Control4 GUI.

As matter of interest, Extra Vegetables is a UK based software house that writes drivers that integrate third party equipment into the Control4 platform (google them)

The EV driver needs a third party uPnP server running to "serve" the library to Linn. The driver then reflects what is going on in Kinsky...

To be honest Simon, I couldn't care about the Album art. I'm one of those all for the music guys... If I could find tracks in playlists and sort via "hi res" vs "low res" like I do in itunes I'd be over the moon. Couldn't give a hoot about the cover art. I guess we are all different. Smile

Regarding Extra Vegetables: Does Kinsky need to be running as well, or can you use the EV driver to control the Linn DS without Kinsky running?

Regarding album art: For my own personal usage, I'm about where you are on this. Smile However, a lot of MinimServer users are very keen to see album art when browsing their library.

Regarding playlists: Are you concerned about having MinimServer provide a synced view of all your iTunes playlists? Or would it be good enough if MinimServer had a way to create its own playlists that aren't synced to iTunes?
28-01-2013, 14:39
Happy happy birthday, MinimServer !
I started using MinimSever only 3 days ago but soon fell in love with it. Good job, Simon !
28-01-2013, 20:41
Simon

Q/1 A = No
Q/2 A = No I think Miniserver should provide a synced view.
29-01-2013, 02:15
(28-01-2013 12:23)wappinghigh Wrote:  ^ To be honest Simon, I couldn't care about the Album art. I'm one of those all for the music guys... If I could find tracks in playlists and sort via "hi res" vs "low res" like I do in itunes I'd be over the moon.

wappinghigh, I don't use iTunes, so I'm not sure how it sorts music by resolution, but in MinimServer you can use the special index tag #AudioData which enables you to browse your files by their sample rate etc. I use this all the time when I want to locate, e.g., 96/24 files vs regular cd rips. See the MinimServer manual under "Index Tag Selection." Hope this is what you want.

David
29-01-2013, 06:34 (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 06:41 by wappinghigh.)
David. Yes Simon mentioned this, but I didn't realise I needed to put in the "#" in front of "AudioData"..

Now you have mentioned this again, I tried this again> I have just done this, and it works! This is totally AWESOME!

I can now sort my library ...all within the Control4 Driver...on any Control4 remote, or touchscreen, or idevice or on computer app...into different file bit types (16 vs 24) and low vs hi resolutions. UNREAL!!!!!!

Way to go. AWESOME WORK SIMON!!!! Smile Smile Smile