Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimwatch not running
23-01-2013, 00:35 (This post was last modified: 23-01-2013 00:35 by kampak.)
Minimwatch not running
Hi
after a mechanical crash I had to switch the HD in my Qnap Nas (109 pro II) to a new one (2T WD red), I also renewed the firmware to 3.3.2 (afaik the latest build for the 109 NAS).
..and installed and tried Minimserver.
I came from a Twonky 4.x.x installation, tried the last Twonky as well, but that sux, (sorry)

So, Minimserver is a blast, best ever tried...BUT: Minimwatch does not work - or did I miss something?
Minimwatch (64bit) installed on an Intel Core 2 Duo Mac, the icon stays grey.

Is it possible that it doesn´t work with such an old NAS? Can´t believe this, ´cause Minimserver is running well!

Whats wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2013, 09:44
RE: Minimwatch not running
(23-01-2013 00:35)kampak Wrote:  Hi
after a mechanical crash I had to switch the HD in my Qnap Nas (109 pro II) to a new one (2T WD red), I also renewed the firmware to 3.3.2 (afaik the latest build for the 109 NAS).
..and installed and tried Minimserver.
I came from a Twonky 4.x.x installation, tried the last Twonky as well, but that sux, (sorry)

So, Minimserver is a blast, best ever tried...BUT: Minimwatch does not work - or did I miss something?
Minimwatch (64bit) installed on an Intel Core 2 Duo Mac, the icon stays grey.

Is it possible that it doesn´t work with such an old NAS? Can´t believe this, ´cause Minimserver is running well!

Whats wrong?

Someone else thought the icon on their Mac was grey when it was actually transparent. If it's grey, you won't be able to select the Properties option. Is this what you're seeing?

If so, this is probably a firewall or Gatekeeper issue on the Mac. Please see this post for more information. The TS-109 shouldn't cause any problems with MinimWatch.
23-01-2013, 11:02
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your quick response

I tried what you suggested, but "Watch" refuses to work (get transparent)
I´m able to get Minimwatch started and get it shut down, thats it!

Reading in your link , I thought it is a good idea to check the firewall on my NAS (´cause in the linked post issue the Minimserver is on the same machine as Minimwatch?) but still no positive result.
Do I have to enable SSH/FTP or something like that to get Minimwatch and Minimserver in touch?

Undecided
23-01-2013, 11:47
(23-01-2013 11:02)kampak Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Thanks for your quick response

I tried what you suggested, but "Watch" refuses to work (get transparent)
I´m able to get Minimwatch started and get it shut down, thats it!

Reading in your link , I thought it is a good idea to check the firewall on my NAS (´cause in the linked post issue the Minimserver is on the same machine as Minimwatch?) but still no positive result.
Do I have to enable SSH/FTP or something like that to get Minimwatch and Minimserver in touch?

Undecided

No, there isn't anything else you need to do on the NAS.

Do you have multiple network adapters in your Mac? If so, please try disabling some of these, so that only one adapter is active. There are currently some issues with how MinimWatch handles multiple adapters.

Sometimes these problems are caused by network configuration issues, such as the IGMP snooping setting on the router/switch. Can you connect your Mac with an ethernet cable to the same router/switch as the NAS to see if that makes a difference? You might also need to disable wi-fi to make sure that MinimWatch is using the ethernet connection.
23-01-2013, 12:32 (This post was last modified: 23-01-2013 12:43 by kampak.)
IGMP snooping setting??? don´t know what THAT is, but will ask a friend and have a look at.

WiFi was never enabled on my Mac (always connected
via ethernat cable), Nas and Mac always on one switch (the only one iI have) but also tried both direct to router (you never know...) but no result as espected.
23-01-2013, 13:46
(23-01-2013 12:32)kampak Wrote:  IGMP snooping setting??? don´t know what THAT is, but will ask a friend and have a look at.

WiFi was never enabled on my Mac (always connected
via ethernat cable), Nas and Mac always on one switch (the only one iI have) but also tried both direct to router (you never know...) but no result as espected.

Does your Mac have more than one active network adapter? If you're running Parallels or VMware, this could create additional active network adapters.

If you install the Mac version of Kinsky on your Mac, can you see MinimServer displayed as a library in Kinsky?
23-01-2013, 22:29
HI,
no VM, no Parallels or anything like that installed on my Mac, just 1 Network adapter!
...but YES: Kinski and ChorusDS (both installed on iMac) can see Minimserver as library!

What does THAT mean?

I´ll try a new installation of Minimwatch (tried yesterday - didn´t work, but Igive it another chance...)
23-01-2013, 22:56
(23-01-2013 22:29)kampak Wrote:  HI,
no VM, no Parallels or anything like that installed on my Mac, just 1 Network adapter!
...but YES: Kinski and ChorusDS (both installed on iMac) can see Minimserver as library!

What does THAT mean?

It means that the network is fine and MinimServer is fine. The problem is definitely caused by MinimWatch not working correctly.

Quote:I´ll try a new installation of Minimwatch (tried yesterday - didn´t work, but Igive it another chance...)

Some more ideas:

1) What level of Java do you have installed? It needs to be Java 6 or 7. It would be a good idea to update to the latest level of Java if you're not already on it.

2) In Firewall Options, is Java in the list of programs that are allowed to accept incoming connections as well as MinimWatch?

3) When you run MinimWatch for the first time, do you get a prompt asking if you want MinimWatch to accept incoming connections? If you don't see this, close MinimWatch, delete it from the Firewall Options list of programs, and then launch it again.
23-01-2013, 23:11
Oops,

another reply from you...man: when are you sleeping?

Thanx for your assistance, I appreciated it a lot!

Finally: Minimwatch is available in the Menu bar and i can go in a menue with START STOP PROPERTIES and so on.

Looks like the new installation of Minimwatch changed something (dunno what exactly, but i had Minimserver on NAS disabled when installing Minimwatch)

Now I´ll check it and have some fun with my stereo ;-)

Thanx, Karsten
23-01-2013, 23:47
(23-01-2013 23:11)kampak Wrote:  Oops,

another reply from you...man: when are you sleeping?

Thanx for your assistance, I appreciated it a lot!

Finally: Minimwatch is available in the Menu bar and i can go in a menue with START STOP PROPERTIES and so on.

Looks like the new installation of Minimwatch changed something (dunno what exactly, but i had Minimserver on NAS disabled when installing Minimwatch)

Now I´ll check it and have some fun with my stereo ;-)

Thanx, Karsten

I'm glad this is working now! Time for some sleep.....